PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] DVD playback doesn't work corretly in Totem

Aryding
May 21st, 2008, 02:44 AM
So I'm using Mplayer (Totem) and when I put in a dvd there is no main menu, it just starts the film. Some films are in different languages and some have the directors comments going. When I manually go through the Video_TS file and find the main menu I can't click on anything. My DVD's are fine, but what am I doing wrong, am I missing DVD codecs?

Temüjin
May 21st, 2008, 03:20 AM
mplayer doesn't do a good job with menus IMHO. Try VLC. Open Synaptic Package Manager and do a search for VLC. Be sure to get the sound plugins you need and libvlc0 if you plan on building media apps from source.

You can also try starting mplayer from the terminal and see if it complains about missing codecs if you still want to use it.

cor2y
May 21st, 2008, 05:00 AM
Replace totem-gstreamer (gstreamer does not yet have dvd menu navigation) with totem-xine for dvd menu navigation

sudo apt-get remove totem-gstreamer;sudo apt-get install totem-xineYou may need to install some extra xine plugins for other media playback if you are not automatically notified when you try to play a different file type.