PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Missing city in "Clock"

SteelCore
May 19th, 2008, 01:25 PM
Hi,
I'm trying to add Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia to the list of cities under the calendar in Clock but could not find it.

meborc
May 19th, 2008, 01:30 PM
malaysia is under asia... but there seems not to a kuala lumpur... there is another kuala there though :) you should talk/report this to the gnome devs... not really an ubuntu feature

Joeb454
May 19th, 2008, 01:45 PM
If you find out your Latitude/Longitude you can name it whatever you want :) And naturally the weather will be correct.

I live in Leicester in the UK which is not on the list, so I just found out my Lat/Long location (Google Maps helps with this). And put that in there, so far the weather feature has been very accurate too :p

forestpixie
May 19th, 2008, 02:02 PM
We couldn't find Algiers either to start with -

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=799489

meborc
May 19th, 2008, 02:07 PM
If you find out your Latitude/Longitude you can name it whatever you want :) And naturally the weather will be correct

what weather info will be used then? i use the airport weather info in stockholm for example... if you insert the lat/long, will the closest one be used? if so it can be off a few hundred of kms

Joeb454
May 19th, 2008, 02:14 PM
I don't know where it gets the weather info from, but I had the lat/long location for the City of Leicester (I live a good few miles away from the actual City) and realised that wasn't right, so I got the lat/long for my street, and the weather changed straight away.

That said, I can't be sure where the info comes from, but it does seem it will work for any lat/long location :)