PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] FTP to Xbox

dRock1286
May 15th, 2008, 11:45 PM
Ok, I have searched these forums high and low and have not been able to find a thread about ftp'ing into an xbox...

I am running Ubuntu 8.04 and trying to connect to an original xbox that is softmodded and running xbmc...I want to be able to upload music and movies to it from my pc and such...

I have a wireless card that connects my computer to my wireless network for internet. I then have an integrated RJ-45 port used for wired connections. I have the cable to connect the xbox to the computer for simple ftp action, but I cannot get them to connect. Any help or walkthrough would be much appreciated. This has been bugging me for days!

Please, if you are going to tell me how to connect via ftp, start from the beginning (ie...what programs to get, how to open connections, and so forth...)

Thanks in advance for any help!

Stonerman
January 15th, 2009, 08:11 PM
Easy, just open your File Browser and press "toggle between button and text-based location bar" then type ftp://192.168.X.XXX (where X's are your xboxs IP. then type your user and pass ( default xbox : xbox )

late answer but maybe itĺl help.

echotone
November 10th, 2009, 11:08 PM
How would i go about finding my xbox ip?

Anubis
January 13th, 2010, 10:00 PM
How would i go about finding my xbox ip?

Look on the Xbox.

KarlIvan
January 13th, 2010, 10:09 PM
are you using 360? or the older xbox?

cmo89
February 1st, 2011, 04:26 AM
i am also having this problem. i have the newese version of ubuntu? is there anywhere i can find detailed instructions? a link anyone? thanks