PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] PPP Connection Established, can SSH to work, no X application connects

coreyfro
May 15th, 2008, 09:08 PM
So I got KPPP configured and can establish a connection, no problem. SSH works great, I can ping the whoooooooole wiiiiiiiiide wooooooooorld, aptitude works, but for some reason, no xwindows applications connect, not konqueror, not firefox.

Adept manager, for some reason, exists in between the not working and indeed working states. It works... it works REALLY f'n slow... not the actual download, which transfers at full speed, but the initiation of each download. It's like there's lag in the routing, but there is only one route on my system, and any command line tool operates quickly and without error.

I am at a loss as to how I fix this. I've never seen anything like it before and I've been using *nix forever. Maybe I'm just lucky.

I'd post from the laptop and paste all the goodies like the connection log, ifconfig, my configs, etc, but, alas, I don't have a browser.

Any clues?

I'm going to set up squid and see if that'll work as a hack for the problem but I would like a real solution.

Thanks.