PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] [SOLVED] Hey im a newb, got a qustion

Daagorath
May 15th, 2008, 04:54 AM
ok i just downloaded Ubuntu for the first time. iv always used Windows, but anyways. ok, i have Vista and Ubuntu. when i log into ubuntu, i dnno if its just me, but i cant find my C drive, which has all my music and everything on it, would i just have to redownload everything or somthing? or is there a way to find it?

NightwishFan
May 15th, 2008, 04:56 AM
Go to the places menu, and near the bottom should be an icon of a harddrive. If not try "computer" in the same menu and see what icons appear. Tell me how it goes.

ZabiGG
May 15th, 2008, 04:57 AM
Hi ;)

You need to "mount" your C drive first.

I'm no expert, but if you search the threads with "mount" and "windows partition" (and use the quotes) you'll find great tips :o)

Daagorath
May 15th, 2008, 05:00 AM
ok, i will have to reboot my comp because im not in ubuntu rite now, so it might be a min. thanks for the help, i shall se how it goes.

Daagorath
May 15th, 2008, 05:33 AM
ok, i had gone to computer, and there was the Presario harddrive, another one, and i clicked on the other one, i didnt recognize any of the folders.. ahh.. and also, this is bad, but i sort ov... steal wireless internet, and when i get on ubuntu i cant find any of the wireless networks. it asks me to type in the name of the network, i do, and it still doesnt connect..