View Full Version : [ubuntu] Realtek 8185L Wireless not working
May 14th, 2008, 09:52 PM
I am running Hardy Heron (8.04). My Wireless card is the realtek 8185L. My wired connection works fine, but it wont show my wireless. I type in lshw -C network and it shows my wireless. Any way to get my wireless to work?
May 14th, 2008, 10:19 PM
You might try here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=646320
May 14th, 2008, 11:08 PM
I got it working!! Here's how:
1) Download ndisgtk from snaptics package manager.
2) go to system, administration, windows wireless drivers.
3) install the new file (XP driver for your wireless card) by browsing and selecting it.
4) It should install quickly and say hardware present.
5) Left click your network icon on your taskbar and it should have your access points! Enjoy!
May 15th, 2008, 12:05 AM
Glad you got it going so quickly and easily and thank you very much for posting your solution for the searchers. I recommend you edit the title of the thread to add SOLVED. Thanks.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2 Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.