PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] msn is innaccessable through both Linux and Windows

Tuxoid
May 14th, 2008, 06:19 PM
My father uses both Ubuntu 8.04 and Windows XP Home (in a Dual-Boot setup) on his Desktop. For some reason, just at random, both aMSN and Pidgin on Linux, and Windows Live Messenger on windows stopped connecting accounts through. They didn't just stop connecting his account, they stopped connecting my msn as well (I tried the password three times). Not only did msn stop working on both OSes; it stopped working on both OSes at the same time. My dad told me Windows Live Messenger stopped working, so I advised him to attempt to connect through aMSN on Linux, which did not go through and connect. So I attempt through Pidgin on Linux, with similar results. On both OSes, I checked the hosts files, and they seemed to be set-up normally. Otherwise, the Internet connection on both OSes seems normal (firefox works, frostwire works, other IMs work, email works); it's just msn. I checked to see if aMSN worked on my laptop (which uses the same router as my dad's desktop) and it worked, so I don't think it's the router.

This is easily the strangest computer problem I have seen in my entire life (and I have seen some really weird stuff). This post deserves some confused smilies:

:confused::confused::confused: