PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] dvd remastering

draeath
May 14th, 2008, 03:04 PM
Someone at work has an unprotected, unencrypted, regionless DVD. However, It's in PAL, and was intended as an anniversary present, it needs to be in NTSC.

If possible, I would like to reencode the whole DVD (menus included) into NTSC format, which in this case is only a difference in framerate (i believe, but it might be different in aspect too).

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I should go about doing this? If I can't do the whole thing, I can take the main titles and do a manual encode/master, but it wouldn't have the same feel. I know how to do the encode in this case, but still don't know how to master a DVD.

I'm looking for suggestions only as I'm not very well versed in this particular kind of task. If you want, you can just toss packages/projects at me, you don't have to explain how to use it.

ron999
May 14th, 2008, 11:47 PM
Hi
If it was a single movie on that DVD then it would be quite easy to change it from PAL to NTSC.
:)
But with the menus etc I don't know how to go about it.
:(

draeath
May 14th, 2008, 11:58 PM
Hi
If it was a single movie on that DVD then it would be quite easy to change it from PAL to NTSC.
:)
But with the menus etc I don't know how to go about it.
:(

Yea, I know how to do that too - that's simple. But I don't know how the menus are formatted etc.

For lack of a program to make it easy, is there documentation on the actual structure of DVDs? There has to be somewhere.