PDA

View Full Version : Kubuntu KDE4 & GTK issues & KDE 4.0.4

disturbedite
May 12th, 2008, 08:47 PM
i did a clean install of kubuntu intrepid w/ kde4 x86.
i test daily builds of firefox3, it will not close properly. (closes the interface, but stays open in the background, confirmed via system monitor).
i like synaptic, for one reason, cuz its faster, so i use it. now i've been forced to use adept cuz synaptic won't close properly either. its a slightly different problem than with fx3. i have the option ticked to "close when updates are successfully applied" but it never does, even when the updates are successfully applied. i have to kill the app to get it to close.

has anyone else experienced these type of problems with gtk apps in kub-kde4?

oh, i also changed my sources.list to hardy-backports to get kde 4.0.4. (for some reason, kde 4.0.4 isn't in intrepid, & intrepid is newer)! i updated all the kde4 packages to 4.0.4, but all my kde4 packages/interfaces still say 4.0.3. did someone forget to update the version strings? (i have confirmed that the 4.0.4 packages are actually installed via my package managers & i didn't encounter any problems updating the packages).

should i have not switched to the hardy-backports repo?

chaddles
July 26th, 2008, 02:52 AM
I've got the same issue with synaptic on KDE4 when starting it from the K Menu, but I found running "gksudo synaptic" works fine.

Bachstelze
July 26th, 2008, 08:19 AM
No issue here with up to date Intrepid (KDE 4.0.98). I'm not using Synaptic, but all my GTK apps (Firefox, Pidgin, Gimp) seem to operate normally.