PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] RT2500 stopped working in Hardy

NEUR0M4NCER
May 11th, 2008, 04:34 PM
... so it was working just ine this morning. I come back to the computer, and it's not connected. I try to reconnect, but nothing. iwlist scan gives no results either (I know the network's up and running, i'm using it right now on my laptop). I haven't tinkered with any settings (lately ;)), so I don't really know what to do, or how to go about diagnosing the problem.

Hardy AMD64 on C2D 2gb with Belkin (RT2500) PCI Wireless Adapter

Any ideas?

NEUR0M4NCER
May 12th, 2008, 05:57 PM
So every thread I can find regarding this problem is to do with Broadcom cards. Anyone know why this is happening with RT2500?

Seriously, i've had so many problems upgrading to Hardy, I wish i'd stayed with Gutsy. Unfortunately, I was so excited that I had a working Hardy install that I set about ripping all my CDs in Rhythmbox, so ANOTHER fresh install would not really be the ideal situation - Any help here would be soooo appreciated.

As nice as my EeePC is, it's not too good for desktop use, so looks like i'm gonna have to bite the bullet and start booting back into XP until I can figure out what to do...

**edit**
And ANOTHER thing - I thought RT2500 based cards were recommended for stability and driver compatibility with Ubuntu - what's the deal there?

**edit**
I'm also pretty sure that if I DID do a fresh install, wireless would be back up and running until an update... just a hunch...