PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] New versions of Gecko 0.6.1 Media Player and Gnome Mplayer

fromgi
May 11th, 2008, 02:11 PM
Can anyone offer any advice on how to install the new 0.6.1 version of the gecko-mediaplayer plugin and gnome-mplayer? I downloaded both gecko-mediaplayer-0.6.1.tar.gz and gnome-mplayer-0.6.1.tar.gz but when I tried to install them with the ./config command, I receive many errors.

Synaptic has only the 0.6.0. I've experienced problems playing some realplay videos with this plugin. Because of this, I installed the external Realplayer 11.0, but for some reason when I enter my username and password (a subscription site), the same dialog comes up again and again asking for my username/password. Cookies are enabled and all codecs are installed. If I uninstall the gecko plugin and install the mplayer plugin both the internal and external realplayer viedos work fine.

I'm not sure what's going on with the 0.6.0 plugin, so hopefully the 0.6.1 version will solve this.

I'm using 8.04 with the Firefox 3b5. Any help/advice is truly appreciated!

starryeyedboy
May 21st, 2008, 02:30 PM
not sure if this thread will get u the version you want - but u can use it as a rough guide to the process of isntalling gecko n gnome mplayer

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=4792958&posted=1#post4792958