PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu Mobile System76 Device?

Squish
May 10th, 2008, 09:36 PM
I was wondering if System76 had any plans to build a mobile smartphone or something along those line that ran something like ubuntu mobile. Given your consistent sleek looks, brand, and the ubuntu mobile platform, I would definitely pick one up if you guys had one.

thomasaaron
May 12th, 2008, 04:07 PM
Not sure about mobile phones. They are looking, though, at some other mobile possibilities.

betes
May 14th, 2008, 03:44 AM
Not sure about mobile phones. They are looking, though, at some other mobile possibilities.

Like an eee pc-style systems76 machine? That would be very exciting!

imhavoc
May 14th, 2008, 05:22 AM
We bought our boys (10 and 8) Asus EeePCs for Christmas, and I got myself a Nokia n810 for my birthday in April. Having lived with my System76 Dau2 since August, I often find myself wondering what those devices would be like if they'd been touched by System76.

I hope to see the day that the resources of System76 allow you to branch into ultra mobile PCs, multimedia PCs and more. I just hope you don't lose the humility that makes you guys strive as hard as you do!

Vadi
May 16th, 2008, 01:08 PM
Ubuntu Mobile is for MID (Mobile Internet Devices). Those aren't exactly phones.

Squish
June 17th, 2008, 08:30 PM
what about this ubuntu remix we are hearing about? Intel atom cpu inside a very small and sleek metal system76?