PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Requesting help with 3com 3CRUSB10075 & Gutsy

radam
May 10th, 2008, 06:11 PM
Hi everyone, I hope that some of you can help with this situation. After installing 8.04 the other day, I discovered that the TrendNet TEW-623PI pci wifi card which worked in Gutsy, does not seem to work with Hardy, unless I'm doing something wrong. (I use my TrendNet card for Vista on another partition & is still installed.)

I researched the Ubuntu compatible wifi card lists & found info on the 3Com 3CRUSB10075 usb adapter (one guide mentions this one works out of the box with Gutsy, etc with an Atheron chipset), so I purchased one this week. As far as I can tell, I don't think Hardy is recognizing the usb adapter & now I'm confused as to my next steps to get it working.

Checking the 3Com support website with the model number did reveal some windows xp drivers - which ndiswrapper doesn't like & linux drivers - which i'm not sure how to install. Any ideas? Thanks again.

cnttuchme
May 10th, 2008, 06:15 PM
i would try to help you but im new to linux but it doent seem anyone experinced is on right now. but ahh well all you have to do is hardwire your connection to use the net . (plug a ethernet cable into your pc)

radam
May 10th, 2008, 06:32 PM
Hi, cnttuchme. I've used Ubuntu versions for awhile, but using Ubuntu with wifi is still new uncharted waters for me. :( My only problem with going back to a hardwire cable again is the router' new location; My roommate (who freaks out at the sight of any cables) reconfigured the room and the router is now farther from my pc, making this impossible to run cables again. Frustrating.

radam
May 11th, 2008, 04:55 AM
I guess I'll skip Ubuntu until another release comes along that allows me to access the Internet.