PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Missing synaptic programs after install

free10
May 10th, 2008, 11:28 AM
Installed a number of graphics programs through synaptic and can't find them, which is weird. I am using 7.10 Gnome and I have had Ubuntu loaded on another drive and never had them not show up under applications when I installed programs. A few of the programs were gtkmorph, gtkmorph-example and xmorph that I just installed and yet I can't find them. Got any ideas? Thanks--Dwight

DieB
May 10th, 2008, 12:19 PM
not for all Applications (especially those from universe) there exist Menu entries, but they still exist.
Just start synaptic, check the package u installed select properties and take a look on the tab installed files. Files with */bin* inside their name are for normal executables. Pick the one you need, got to System-Preferences/Settings-Main Menu and add an entry for this application.

hope that helps

free10
May 10th, 2008, 12:23 PM
not for all Applications (especially those from universe) there exist Menu entries, but they still exist.
Just start synaptic, check the package u installed select properties and take a look on the tab installed files. Files with */bin* inside their name are for normal executables. Pick the one you need, got to System-Preferences/Settings-Main Menu and add an entry for this application.

hope that helps

It sure does and thank you very much for the fast and clear reply. I love working with graphics/pics and creating the reality. Thanks again--Dwight