PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] [SOLVED] muse : fluidsynth setup appears only the first time

mizar001
May 10th, 2008, 07:38 AM
[SOLVED]

Hi.

With muse i begin to use the fluidsynth soft synthesizer.

From muse I go to midi/synth port setting -> add a fluidsynth instance

from here i install some soundfonts and assign them a channel.

So i associate a fluidsynth port to be controlled by muse for composition.

All midi channel are working ok, but whenever i add a new soundfonts i can't find the fluidsynth instance setup anymore, or to speak clearly, i think there's not an action in muse to editing an existent fluidsynth instance to add others soundfonts.

The solution is for now to make another fluidsynth instance with new soundfonts, or to remove the former and make a brand new instance with all soundfonts re-inserted.

mizar001
May 27th, 2008, 10:40 AM
[SOLVED]

Fluidsynth with muse has all features, but the documentation is lacking some details.
I can access the fluydsinth instance at every time right clicking in the midi/drum instrument row on the port column. A button 'show gui' appears, then clicking the fluydsynth gui is here, and i can edit loaded soundfonts as desired.

Furthermore below the channel info i have a panel of preset, that allow me to chose the right preset of chosen channel of fluydsynth gui.

With those interfaces the fluydsynth plugin for muse allow me to do so much things easier than using qshynth.

I should set those guidelines on the muse wiki soon.