PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] installing kernel

digitalspy99
May 10th, 2008, 05:36 AM
I just started working on ubuntu because i wanted to install AODV-UU on wireless router WRT54GL... I am a beginner. Now, i got help from the site "my.opera.com/subjam/blog/show.dml/472834?cid=4808543".. I have downloaded AODV-UU now i want to install the kernel... but from my cd of ubuntu. can anybody please help me that how can i give my CDROM path in /etc/apt/sources.list so that the installation process is carried out from the same cd from which i have installed my ubuntu???
Please help me... I ll be really thankfull....

Ayuthia
May 10th, 2008, 02:54 PM
I just started working on ubuntu because i wanted to install AODV-UU on wireless router WRT54GL... I am a beginner. Now, i got help from the site "my.opera.com/subjam/blog/show.dml/472834?cid=4808543".. I have downloaded AODV-UU now i want to install the kernel... but from my cd of ubuntu. can anybody please help me that how can i give my CDROM path in /etc/apt/sources.list so that the installation process is carried out from the same cd from which i have installed my ubuntu???
Please help me... I ll be really thankfull....
Here are two options:

Go into Synaptic and find the manage repositories and add the CD there.
From the Terminal, type "apt-cdrom add" (without quotes) and it will ask you for the CD. Add the CD and then do an update "sudo apt-get update"

digitalspy99
May 16th, 2008, 06:12 AM
thankxxx man.... i realllyy appreciate ur support... thankxx a lot... that apt-cdrom worked../.