PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Custom themes

swampdude
May 7th, 2008, 08:28 PM
Hey, so im completly new to ubuntu. I installed hardy heron, installed emerald and compiz, and customized i to how i want.

Now i want to change my theme, and i added it to the emerald thing but there wasnt an option to enable that theme. OR and i just doing it wrong? So if you could tell me how to change my themes etc. I also want another task bar at the bottom of the screen, but have no idea how to do it. Oh and i also got the theme of gnome-look.org so i dont think it is compatibility issues, i just think im dumb lol.

Thanks in Advance and help would be greatly apreciated.

Swampdude.

NightwishFan
May 7th, 2008, 08:34 PM
Emerald themes you install the .emerald file with the emerald manager "install" option.

Gtk2.x themes you install but dragging the .tar.gz into the Preferences -> Appearances main window. It will either show up in the main window or under customize.

To theme the panel drag and drop the image you want onto it.

SunnyRabbiera
May 7th, 2008, 08:35 PM
alright first what was the emerald theme you tried to use?

Het Irv
May 7th, 2008, 08:35 PM
I think you need to run
fusion-icon
this will bring up the fusion icon near the clock, from there you can change the window decoration to Emerald. Don't worry it took me a while before someone showed me that trick.

Welcome to the Forums btw

swampdude
May 7th, 2008, 08:43 PM
Thanks guys that was a fast response, ill try it out.

swampdude
May 7th, 2008, 08:48 PM
Also Can you tell me if my graphics card works well with ubuntu hardy heron. it is a ati radeon x1300. Just feels like things are a bit bluring and not as crisp as i would like