PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Help Please Amarok Can't Play MP3's?

cchester
May 5th, 2008, 04:46 AM
Hey guys,

I have run into a problem with Amarok. It says it can't play mp3's. I have included a screen shot. I clicked on install mp3 support but nothing. Does it not play all mp3's?

Thanks for any help.

NightwishFan
May 5th, 2008, 04:53 AM
sudo apt-get install libxine1-ffmpeg
Also make sure you are using xine engine.

cchester
May 5th, 2008, 05:30 AM
sudo apt-get install libxine1-ffmpeg
Also make sure you are using xine engine.

Synaptic shows that it is already installed. By the way other mp3's that I have played through Amarok have played but I ran across that one that would not play and that message popped up when I tried it.

Thanks for anymore help.

NightwishFan
May 5th, 2008, 05:53 AM
It should play mp3s, with xine engine and libxine1-ffmpeg. Remember to restart Amarok after you install the package. If you have done these, perhaps consider running this command with amarok closed:

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get purge amarok && sudo apt-get install amarok && echo "Installation Finished"

cchester
May 6th, 2008, 02:58 AM
It should play mp3s, with xine engine and libxine1-ffmpeg. Remember to restart Amarok after you install the package. If you have done these, perhaps consider running this command with amarok closed:

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get purge amarok && sudo apt-get install amarok && echo "Installation Finished"

Will try out what you said. Thanks.

thilina
February 10th, 2011, 02:04 PM
If amarok refuses to play mp3/mp4/m4a/mpg's even after installing the necessary codecs, you better try this simple guide.

http://blog.ishans.info/2011/02/10/cant-play-songs-in-amarok-after-installing-it-in-ubuntu/