PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] problem with brightness Ubuntu 8.04

Puppet1987
May 5th, 2008, 12:43 AM
Hi. I have an Asus laptop Z71V and i just updated my ubuntu to ubuntu 8.4, and now I have a problem with the brightness...i can't controlo it...it is too dark and my hotkeys related to the brightness don't work...can someone help me? isnt there a way to set the brightness via console or something?

thanks for the help

roma2
May 5th, 2008, 01:06 AM
Hi. I have an Asus laptop Z71V and i just updated my ubuntu to ubuntu 8.4, and now I have a problem with the brightness...i can't controlo it...it is too dark and my hotkeys related to the brightness don't work...can someone help me? isnt there a way to set the brightness via console or something?

thanks for the help

"System/Preferences/Keyboard Bindings" - look for the brightness controls and set your bindings if not set

Puppet1987
May 5th, 2008, 01:01 PM
it doesn't appear...

jordey24
October 21st, 2008, 09:06 AM
There's a brightness applet in ubuntu,just right click your panel,choose add,then scroll down until you see brightness applet.Click add and you're done!
To change the brightness just click the icon and move the slider up or down =)

Hope that helps.
-Jordey24

bsrome
March 5th, 2009, 08:17 PM
Hey all, 1st post :P

I'm running 8.04 on the same laptop base, and having the same problem. I added the applet, but it doesn't adjust the brightness settings. Any ideas?