PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] iTunes to Rhythmbox

Matthileo
May 4th, 2008, 04:05 PM
I have (for the most part) switched from XP to Ubuntu, and the only thing holding me back from a total switch is my music...

As to that I have two questions.
First, is it possible to import an iTunes library file into rythmbox (to preserve my ratings)?

And second, is it possible to configure rythmbox to import music from cds as 160kbps mp3s and how would I do this?

(less importantly, an impromptu third question)
Does Rythmbox support album art imbedded into the song file like iTunes?

swapnil_bhartiya
May 4th, 2008, 04:15 PM
I have (for the most part) switched from XP to Ubuntu, and the only thing holding me back from a total switch is my music...

First, is it possible to import an iTunes library file into rythmbox (to preserve my ratings)?

And second, is it possible to configure rythmbox to import music from cds as 160kbps mp3s and how would I do this?

iPod Classic Supprt In Ubuntu: FULL
I had been tired of switching to Windows to sync my iPod classic 80 Gb Black. Now, I have upgraded to Ubuntu 8.04 and to my delight the latest version of GTKPOD (0.99.12) now offers full support to iPod Classic.

There is NO glicth here this time the sync was clean, so much so that I formatted the iPod and loaded all the files using gtkpod to see if any error, to my pleasure it works....try out friends...It could upload Covers too...wat else do we want?

Ya, does anyone know of a working tool to upload images and movies to iPod Classic. Till that time, lemme upload more

I am sure after reading this piece steveee will definitely release a firmware for ipod classic, but you know what, I ain't gonna update it

Linux Rocks!

http://swapnil.blog.co.uk/2008/05/02...gtkpod-4123614
swapnil_bhartiya is online now Report Post Edit/Delete Message

Matthileo
May 5th, 2008, 09:21 PM
erm...
Sorry, but that doesn't really help...at all.

Andreas1
December 9th, 2008, 04:07 PM
bump

i would also be very interested in migrating my library from itunes to rythmbox

Simian Man
December 9th, 2008, 04:19 PM

Rhythmbox can import folders full of mp3s with no problem. As far as I know, it will not be able to import any application-specific metadata like ratings.

Yes you can import as any format gstreamer supports.

Yes! You can also overide its choice if it gets it wrong.