PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Sony Ericsson k850i connectivity.

Anaalitikku
May 4th, 2008, 12:07 PM
Hello, I am quite new to linux, but I'm getting the hang of it and almost every task is already easy to do, but my problem doesn't have anything to do with that.

OK, so the problem is, when I connect my mobile phone to my PC via USB and select mass storage so it would act like a normal USB memory stick so I would normally be able to transfer files from PC to mobile or vice versa, Ubuntu recognizes it at first and it pops up as a drive. No problem so far, but whatever I do, it automatically disconnects from the PC although the cable is still connected and then after a while it connects again only to follow another disconnection.

So what's wrong with it? When I still had windows xD (bleh!) it worked perfectly but on Ubuntu it keeps on disconnecting no matter what I do!

I would really need to get it working because I always use my phone as a memory stick and need it for e.g. school projects.

Please help! And thank you for reading my post.

MalavPatel
May 4th, 2008, 04:36 PM
Have you try connecting the phone with bluetooth ?? as i have the same phone and i have no problem in transferring my files via bluetooth.. I have connected my phone in mass storage mode with the usb cable and i find no problem. May be there is a problem with the usb cable, try using with another cable (prefer the original one supplied with the phone, as it uses the cable as a power source).

I hope it might help..!

Anaalitikku
May 4th, 2008, 09:32 PM
Yeah, well, my PC doesn't support BT :/

As for the cable, I only have the original one, and it does still work on other computers, I've tried.