PDA

View Full Version : Java website creation?

Grone1985
May 4th, 2008, 02:11 AM
I don't know if this is the proper place to post this but...
I'm trying to create a website and I need it to be interactive, like in Java, Flash or something like that. It has to be compatible for Windows and other OS users. How can I do this? what programs are the best for this? Thanks in advance!

Merk42
May 4th, 2008, 03:03 AM
That's a pretty vague question. Interactive how? Flash, Java, php, html, etc are all are compatable across OSs, but we'd need to know what you plan to do in order to suggest how you should go about it.

Grone1985
May 4th, 2008, 03:45 AM
Ok... So what I have to do is mainly a website for kids, like www.barcodevapor.com... the idea is to have a lot of color, animated, maybe have the possibility of creating a little game in the future (like a simple one, put together a puzzle or something...), things like that. Hope that helps a little bit more... Tell me if you need more information.

Thanks in advance

LaRoza
May 4th, 2008, 03:49 AM
I don't know if this is the proper place to post this but...
I'm trying to create a website and I need it to be interactive, like in Java, Flash or something like that. It has to be compatible for Windows and other OS users. How can I do this? what programs are the best for this? Thanks in advance!

You have three options (well, three realistic options).

* A Java applet. You have to know how to program in Java, using AWT and/or Swing
* A flash with script, I don't know if this is easily done on Linux
* Some client side script with standard XHTML/CSS and ECMAScript

That site you linked to uses Flash. Using flash in that way isn't very wise, as it severely reduces the usability of the site.

Moving to Programming Talk, as I think that is where you will get the most replies.

pmasiar
May 4th, 2008, 05:27 AM
Looks like OP needs to learn some programming, just to have better understanding what he wants. Read sticky FAQ about how to learn program. Everything is possible - the only issue is, how much time and effort you are willing to invest.

LaRoza
May 4th, 2008, 05:32 AM
Looks like OP needs to learn some programming, just to have better understanding what he wants. Read sticky FAQ about how to learn program. Everything is possible - the only issue is, how much time and effort you are willing to invest.

OP didn't original post this here, so I am not sure exactly for what the OP was looking.