PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] ipods on ubuntu

gameryoshi600
May 3rd, 2008, 08:59 PM
how can i get an ipod to work on ubuntu? using rhythmbox?

C!oud
May 3rd, 2008, 09:01 PM
Rhythmbox works fine with my 30 GB ipod video

gameryoshi600
May 3rd, 2008, 09:01 PM
so all you do is drag in the music to the playlist? i had never ever had an ipod before only a sansa mp3 player LOL

acelin
May 3rd, 2008, 09:27 PM
so all you do is drag in the music to the playlist? i had never ever had an ipod before only a sansa mp3 player LOL

Elisa Media Center has by far the best Ipod support, not to mention, it looks amazing.

lazydesi
May 4th, 2008, 03:38 AM
yep all the current generation ipod's works with ubuntu through rhythmbox.

but their is a small problem : if your ipod is mounted or used on Mac(HFS+ mounted format) first then it's hard to make it work in ubuntu. you can delete songs but u can't add songs in ubuntu

if it installed or used on windows platform (FAT32 format), it will work straight through rhythmbox.

bsharp
May 4th, 2008, 03:39 AM
how can i get an ipod to work on ubuntu? using rhythmbox?

Why did you open another thread to ask the same question? http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=780583

Personally, I use gtkpod.

fluffman86
May 4th, 2008, 04:31 AM
I've never had any luck with a graphical media player syncing my iPod the way iTunes did. Banshee and Rythmbox can /read/ the iPod, but I haven't been able to get them to keep in synced up.

Hipo or gtkpod work well, though. I personally find Hipo to be a bit faster and it spits out less error messages (like gtkpod does when finding a jpg in folder).