PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] wireless is not working (again!)

omeron
May 3rd, 2008, 07:38 PM
Hi all,
I'm using Ubuntu 8.04 (just upgraded) and Dlink DWL-G650+ pcmcia card which should be supported.

the card is blinking as if it is seen by the OS, which is logical because it comes up in an "ifconfig" and "lspci". I had ndiswrapper installed and removed, but I noticed during the upgrade that I got a message that not all of ndiswrapper files could be removed and indeed I could not remove them manually after the upgrade.

I have no clue as to what to do - I've searched every where for solutions and by now I think I made more damage than good, just by running all kind of commands I hardly know (I am a newbie).

Any thoughts will be appreciated:confused:.

Zorael
May 3rd, 2008, 07:43 PM
I've no idea on how to help with this specific interface, but does it work off a live CD? If so, it's likely an upgrade thing.

omeron
May 3rd, 2008, 08:03 PM
It's not an upgrade thing. It worked before on Xubuntu 7.04, but it took me quite a while and I lost the knowhow. it doesn't work automatically, although it should I think.
I think that the last time I did the mistake of using ndiswrapper and had a problem deleting all its remains. I think this mught be the case again, but I don't even know how to remove anything, as ndiswrapper is not installed any more, but not really removed either.

Thanks though.