PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] ntfs config

phantalon
May 3rd, 2008, 07:11 PM
I want to use the ntfs-config tool to access an external hdd. It asks for a 'mount point'. What do i call that mount point. I don't know what I'm supposed to call it.
SOLVED

FuturePilot
May 3rd, 2008, 07:14 PM
Call it whatever you want. If I remember correctly it will automatically put it in /media, so you don't need to give it a full path. Just a name.

phantalon
May 3rd, 2008, 07:15 PM
thanks ...I get the error message 'Cannot Mount Volume'...it's an external drive

agentjon
May 3rd, 2008, 07:18 PM
not sure about ntfs-config, but if you install the packages ntfs-3g and ntfsprogs, you should be able to just plug the thing in and go :)

phantalon
May 3rd, 2008, 07:18 PM
thanks ...I get the error message 'Cannot Mount Volume'...it's an external drive

phantalon
May 3rd, 2008, 07:25 PM
Still 'Cannot mount Volume' ...my other 'Internal' drive mounts just fine, like it should but not the external. It's nothing special , it's just a seagate 250 free agent drive.

phantalon
May 3rd, 2008, 08:13 PM
"Still Cannot Mount External Drive"

phantalon
May 3rd, 2008, 08:53 PM
thank you all...for your help...it seems when I initially disconnected the external drive in windows I failed to 'remove it safely' therefore it was not proerly disconnected thusly making it impossible to mount in Ubuntu...how do I mark this solved?