PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Kalarm Troubleshoot

kshsj777
May 3rd, 2008, 05:59 PM
I've installed KAlarm, but it won't appear in my menu, and I've tried going to System -> preferences -> main menu to add it, but it isn't there either. At first, the icon for KAlarm is on my panel on the top, but whenever I log out or shut down the computer and log back in, the icon disappears.

I've tried running it from the terminal but that doesn't work either. I've also tried adding it to the desktop or to the panel permanently, but that doesn't work. The only way I can access it again is if I uninstall and then install it again. How do I get it to stay? There isn't a gnome equivalent I can find.

Thanks

kshsj777
May 11th, 2008, 09:59 PM
Could someone please answer this? It shouldn't be too hard to get it to stay. Thanks.

kshsj777
May 25th, 2008, 01:29 AM
I still can't figure out how to get Kalarm to stay. Once my computer restarts, it's gone. Other Kapps appear in the menus and work just fine, except for Kalarm, and I can't find a gnome equivalent either.

Come on, there has to be a way. Or at least somebody post and say it can't be done for whatever reason there might be.

Thanks.

adarkmethod
July 30th, 2008, 08:02 AM
System > Preferences > Main Menu > New Item

Name: kalarm
Command: kalarm

works for me on 8.04