PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] AWN or Cairo-Dock...No Spoilers!!!

Foghornleghorn
May 3rd, 2008, 01:51 PM
Kudos to everyone who helped me with the successfull installation of AWN. To be honest i was expecting more from AWN.I've also heard good things about Cairo-Dock,should i keep my installation of AWN or move on to Cairo-dock.
Looking forward to some positive feedback.
regards,
Foghornleghorn.

VanHammersly
May 3rd, 2008, 02:39 PM
I've been using awn for quite a while. However, I noticed cairo dock yesterday on Tombuntu. I installed it to see what it was like. Since I prefer an OS X-ish desktop, I find that I am preferring cairo dock to awn. It is much more smooth when scrolling over the icons and much more similar in look to the Leopard dock when you pick the OS X theme.

MattBD
May 3rd, 2008, 02:47 PM
Kooldock in KDE is OK for a basic dock. There was another dock called KXDocker which was apparently very good but is no longer available.
Have you tried installing awn-manager? If not, that might be worthwhile as you could probably customise it more with that.

fabounet
May 18th, 2008, 03:11 AM
just give a try to Cairo-Dock and/or Kiba-Dock, it will not mess your awn installation and will not take so much time to install and parameter.
then you can decide which one you choose.

adult swim
May 18th, 2008, 03:16 AM
i use awn and was reading some hype about cairo-dock the otehr day so i installed it. i wasnt really that impressed, it doesnt run as smooth as awn does for me and im not a big fan of the icon set (i assume there is an easy way to change them, but im lazy and like it when my default icon set is translated to my dock.)

cardinals_fan
May 18th, 2008, 03:21 AM
I'm not a big dock person, but wbar is nice and clean.