PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Need help for Hardy Login on Averatec 2200

BorisDBlade
May 3rd, 2008, 12:51 PM
I installed Hardy on an Averatec 2200 notebook pc. Everything except the ati mobility 9700 graphics chip. Got the boot screen to look centered but the login screen is huge and the only thing visible is the "UBU" and the ubuntu logo. The rest is not shown on the screen. Logging in is just fine, but I need to get that login screen fixed. Resolution is set at 1280x780 on the desktop and everything looks normal at that.
I downloaded the ati binary drivers from synaptic, installed 'em but no restricted drivers show up in the hardware manager. I tried to download the ati drivers straight from the amd/ati site, no idea how to install a .run file.
I'm still a novice in linux, done a little command line, but would not have to.
Installed a usplash on it, that looks good also, but even the xorg.conf file (searched posts) doesn't list the 9700 chip in the display or screen listing. login window setup in the admin section has been set at 640x480, 800x600 and 1280x780, it still diplays the login screen the same way.

I'm all out of ideas and would have this resolved to have a perfect ubuntu experience on this notebook pc.
Thanks for the replys and help in advance.

BorisDBlade
May 9th, 2008, 03:50 PM
bump