PDA

View Full Version : Iron Man compiz theme

spider3000
May 3rd, 2008, 08:11 AM
Hello.

I watched the Iron Man movie 2 days ago and ever since have searched the Internets for a compiz/emerald theme or any other type I can put on Hardy.

However I'm not talking about a red/yellow theme or an Iron Man background, but a theme that looks like Tony Stark's computer's (its AI is called Jarvis), from the scenes where he creates the designs of Mark II and III of the Iron Man suit. I was just blown away by what Stark can do on his mega setup and how cool it looks.

If anyone has any info, please share!

Thanks.

teh_peng00in
May 3rd, 2008, 03:11 PM
Yeah I have been looking around for the same thing! That setup is SWEET!! but morely i am looking that and a inspired theme when penny was using the computer. But that one was also sweet. Either would be awesome anyone have any clues to where we might find one?

acelin
May 3rd, 2008, 05:38 PM
Gnome look, KDE look, or the Compiz website...

Prom1
May 3rd, 2008, 08:49 PM
Yeah I have been looking around for the same thing! That setup is SWEET!! but morely i am looking that and a inspired theme when penny was using the computer. But that one was also sweet. Either would be awesome anyone have any clues to where we might find one?

My first post here was looking for an IronMan type them or tweak for Tony Starks' home PC or his office PC which Penny was taken files from. That was CLEARLY a linux desktop.

And yes his setup @Home, Jarvis ... was totally awesome. Bugger the fire extinguisher though lol.

michael1zfan
May 3rd, 2008, 09:06 PM
any screen shots of the computer up yet?

teh_peng00in
May 3rd, 2008, 11:16 PM
Bugger is awesome XD LOL, no screenshots i can find of his home comp sicne the movie just came out yesterday. But yeah definately that was clearly a linux desktop. I remember seeing that somewhere though around 6 months ago so they used a preexisting theme, i just can't remember it. >.<

spider3000
May 4th, 2008, 04:49 AM
Well I searched around the Internet. So far I got this Iron Man theme for XP (http://www.4peeps.com/pain/Desktops/IronMan%20(Large).bmp), and this one for emerald (http://gnome-look.org/content/show.php/Iron+Man?content=74538).

I also took a lot of screenshots of his home computer from trailers. If anyone wants to see them, tell me, and also tell me on what site I should put it.

I hope the compiz community releases a true Jarvis theme soon.

damis648
May 4th, 2008, 04:58 AM
Just post them here.

duddy
May 4th, 2008, 05:28 AM
Well I searched around the Internet. So far I got this Iron Man theme for XP (http://www.4peeps.com/pain/Desktops/IronMan%20(Large).bmp), and this one for emerald (http://gnome-look.org/content/show.php/Iron+Man?content=74538).

I also took a lot of screenshots of his home computer from trailers. If anyone wants to see them, tell me, and also tell me on what site I should put it.

Post it! I have never created anything in regards to interface but I'm willing to dedicate many hours into replicating this.

spider3000
May 4th, 2008, 05:30 AM
Here are the screenshots of the home computer.

NullHead
May 4th, 2008, 05:34 AM
How about the one Pepper used?

spider3000
May 4th, 2008, 05:37 AM
Some of his working computers.

spider3000
May 4th, 2008, 05:41 AM
Here are screenshots of Stark designing the suit.

Also, if you want to see the screens in "action", watch the clips (http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/ironman/), especially "Trailer" and "TV Spot".

All these screenshots are from the official trailers and "Making the Movie" sort of things. I couldn't find Stark's office computer. I guess you could go watch the movie again or download a very crap copy. But I hope these were good enough to get an idea of what Stark's computers are like.

TheS0urce
May 4th, 2008, 05:51 AM
Nice :P

vishzilla
May 4th, 2008, 07:59 AM
Wow! Looks good. BTW, how is the movie Iron Man? Its been tagged as the best superhero movie of all time

spider3000
May 4th, 2008, 08:44 AM
[potential spoiler alert]

For me it is really high up there in my list of best superhero movies of all time. Visuals look stunning, Robert Downey Jr. is a really great Tony Stark. I love the fact that they chose Iron Monger instead of Mandarin. But the climatic battle in the end felt a bit short, and Iron Man found Iron Monger's weakness too quickly.
The best parts of the movie though are the foreshadowing of future characters and storylines, those references that only fans will understand, like S.H.I.E.L.D., Ten Rings, the Avengers and James Rhodes saying "next time".

I hope the Wolverine movie will be this good.

Anyways, does anyone have any update on the Iron Man themes? Is anyone going to make one? Has anyone found more themes on the Internet?

Thanks people.

NullHead
May 4th, 2008, 02:01 PM
Wow! Looks good. BTW, how is the movie Iron Man? Its been tagged as the best superhero movie of all time

IMO I totally agree. Iron Man is best superhero movie of all time!:popcorn:

ptrv2.0
May 4th, 2008, 03:59 PM
Well, here are some screenshots of the computer Pepper was using, not that good quality, but might provide a bit more help.

Islington
May 4th, 2008, 04:42 PM
Well, here are some screenshots of the computer Pepper was using, not that good quality, but might provide a bit more help.

thats what I was looking for... gentlemen fire up your brains, gimps, and photoshops.

edit started with icons: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=782233

spider3000
May 5th, 2008, 05:16 AM
That's great! Thanks!

Ioky
May 5th, 2008, 06:02 AM
HaHa, Clearly, that OS in his office is so Linux or some what Unix system, haha Of cause, every one know it is freaked but by the looking, and it effect. Only Linux have such effect. And even the layout looks like somewhat Linux. Hahah

Mateus909
May 7th, 2008, 12:21 AM

you get a cookie for this!
honestly, that is something we can cook up and ship out, can anyone say "most downloaded theme ever"
move over tony stark, the linux community is coming through!

Ioky
May 7th, 2008, 07:09 AM
haha, I don't know it is just me, but it really looks like something that you can do with fluxbox Plus compiz, however I don't know is this even possible. Take a look of this: I think you will get the same feeling.
http://blog.brixandersen.dk/images/conky.png

psionfenix
May 7th, 2008, 07:05 PM
That looks pretty.

If i had a wireframe style picture of IM and knew how to work with conky i'd make it prettier. haha. Maybe i'll work on that (only have like 16 projects going right now)

Mateus909
May 7th, 2008, 08:23 PM
haha, I don't know it is just me, but it really looks like something that you can do with fluxbox Plus compiz, however I don't know is this even possible. Take a look of this: I think you will get the same feeling.
http://blog.brixandersen.dk/images/conky.png
bloody hell thats awesome!

psionfenix
May 10th, 2008, 01:28 AM
looks sort of like someone took the picture of the laptop and drew some lines and ran conky instances with that relevant data on it. I'm not sure how one would go about that, however.

mech7
May 10th, 2008, 07:25 AM
IMO I totally agree. Iron Man is best superhero movie of all time!:popcorn:

Mmmmmm what about spiderman, is it really better then spiderman :confused:

GriffinLord
May 10th, 2008, 02:21 PM
IMHO, Spiderman was kind of a flop... they didn't really follow the best parts of the story, and the second, especially, is horribly boring the 2nd or 3rd time watching.

Thanks for all the hard work on this cool theme, guys!

Mateus909
May 10th, 2008, 04:31 PM
IMHO, Spiderman was kind of a flop... they didn't really follow the best parts of the story, and the second, especially, is horribly boring the 2nd or 3rd time watching.

the spider-man franchise is dead to me movie wise...ironman on the other hand is a must own.

spider3000
May 11th, 2008, 02:33 PM
Well this threat has certainly become popular.

I think Spider-Man's first and second movie were good. The third just ruined everything. I enjoyed X-Men though, but that might also be because I love the X-Men comics. So far though Iron Man was perhaps the best movie based on a comic.

Also if any theme designers need more screenshots of any of Stark's computers, please ask.

Mateus909
May 11th, 2008, 03:18 PM
id really love to jump in and help somehow. this shouldnt be one man's job.

ptrv2.0
May 20th, 2008, 05:04 AM
Has there been any advancement in this theme?

BLTicklemonster
May 20th, 2008, 05:19 AM
It'll be nice to see how this turns out.

Gunfreak
May 30th, 2008, 10:51 PM
Has any progress been made on this theme?

rudihawk
May 31st, 2008, 06:42 PM
Has there maybe been any progress?

I am extremely interested in this project, although I unforuntaely lack the skills to help.

rudihawk
May 31st, 2008, 06:44 PM

I am extremely interested in this project, although I unforuntaely lack the skills to help.

Crafty Kisses
May 31st, 2008, 07:52 PM

Not sure, but I guarantee you in less than 3 months, there will be a Iron Man theme.

Mongo5000
June 1st, 2008, 02:36 AM
Has anybody played the ironman game? The menu screen looks like it would make a wicked wallpaper and color scheme.

I lack the knowledge on how to get it out of the game

NullHead
June 1st, 2008, 03:00 PM
Is it a wallpaper that you can simply stream your x-box through a tv card to get?

lukasz p
June 1st, 2008, 06:29 PM
Guys maybe these 2 screenshots are something you will be interested in. These are 1280x1024 but if you go to ironmanthegame.com and go into the download section you can grab them in other resolutions.

it should be easy enough to get rid of the bottom portion since its sitting on a black background.

lukasz p
June 1st, 2008, 06:32 PM
I also found these, not sure if all of them will be of any help.

Mateus909
June 1st, 2008, 10:40 PM
nice finds lucas!
its just too bad we cant get good resolution shots...i guess we gotta wait till the DVD comes out.

Mongo5000
June 1st, 2008, 11:44 PM
Is it a wallpaper that you can simply stream your x-box through a tv card to get?

I got it for the PC, but I tried to screen grab it, but it wouldn't capture the game .... odd

Checking out those new pics, probably wouldn't suit it exactly

lukasz p
June 2nd, 2008, 03:29 AM
yeah the resolution could be a bit better.

aimran
June 2nd, 2008, 05:02 PM
Anyone knows the conky settings a couple of posts back?

persev
June 2nd, 2008, 09:57 PM
I also found these, not sure if all of them will be of any help.

Looks like an Enlightenment DR17 theme to me.

aftershock2020
June 4th, 2008, 08:10 PM
Well this threat has certainly become popular.

I think Spider-Man's first and second movie were good. The third just ruined everything. I enjoyed X-Men though, but that might also be because I love the X-Men comics. So far though Iron Man was perhaps the best movie based on a comic.

Also if any theme designers need more screenshots of any of Stark's computers, please ask.

I'd like to get all of the screenshots possible on the computer displays from the movie, as I am a programmer and graphic designer. I am working on taking it way further than a theme and into an actual operating system with that liquid style display.

Is there an actual interest in an alternative operating system to get away from windows?

I've already gotten all of the construct for the adaptability of windows and mac operating softwares to work universally. Obviously, I can reveal a lot ofthe details but would love to know what type of interface interest everyone has for the concept.

aftershock2020
June 4th, 2008, 08:23 PM
Does anyone have any shots of the wrap around, where Stark tells Jarvis to add the gold coating and ' throw a little hotrod red in there. '

NullHead
June 5th, 2008, 05:31 AM
Sounds good :D You mean a completely new OS or based off of the Linux kernel?

khuukid
June 5th, 2008, 06:15 AM
Here, check these sites out, I hope they're useful.

http://www.insidethesuit.com/
The code is "99".
There are screensavers, wallpapers, etc, etc. Just look around the site!

http://ironmanmovie.marvel.com/

Mateus909
June 5th, 2008, 11:34 PM
I'd like to get all of the screenshots possible on the computer displays from the movie, as I am a programmer and graphic designer. I am working on taking it way further than a theme and into an actual operating system with that liquid style display.

Is there an actual interest in an alternative operating system to get away from windows?

I've already gotten all of the construct for the adaptability of windows and mac operating softwares to work universally. Obviously, I can reveal a lot ofthe details but would love to know what type of interface interest everyone has for the concept.

my hero!
keep us updated mate and if theres anything we can help you with let us know!!!

aftershock2020
June 9th, 2008, 03:33 AM
Sounds good :D You mean a completely new OS or based off of the Linux kernel?

Well, to state it in simple terms, it will be a completely new OS. The AI wouldn't function in the kernel...not strong enough. Would simply be another skin at that point.

aftershock2020
June 9th, 2008, 03:52 AM
my hero!
keep us updated mate and if theres anything we can help you with let us know!!!

Should prove interesting. I was building the system originally for my own personal programming needs due to time. I needed help that I could trust with the code, ya know?

The AI development took 4 years alone. I've done my research and the reason that some of the mainstream computer companies won't work with the higher end AI technology is due to the cost of the bottom line. It would make that version of windows for example something like $3,000 per copy...heh. that's why we won't be seeing anything on the market for a long time, unless I get a finished version of this one up.

If you guys want to help, let me know what kinds of features you want in this thing, since it is new and there are no locked expectations.

Input and feedback would be good.

sidran
June 9th, 2008, 05:25 AM
Awesome! If this theme ever comes to fruition I'll definitely be downloading it! I just saw the movie yesterday and this was one of the things we were talking about on the way out.

Now, if only someone would come up with a video player that I could just type in "TRANSLATE" and it would translate any foreign language into perfect English for me, real time! :D

rudihawk
June 9th, 2008, 03:50 PM
Haha, that would require an insane amount of code, it might just be easier to hire someone to stand next to you and translate for you...

lukasz p
June 9th, 2008, 11:37 PM
Haha, that would require an insane amount of code, it might just be easier to hire someone to stand next to you and translate for you...

hahahah, thanks for the laugh that was a good 1

Winterpale
June 10th, 2008, 05:22 PM
Slightly tangential

http://www.wongjason.com/2008/05/03/user-interfaces-in-iron-man/

Winterpale
June 10th, 2008, 05:43 PM
Input and feedback would be good.

I'll try and limit myself to "input and feedback" but this may be a bit of a rant. I which case I apologise in advance.

A new OS to challenge Windows and Mac needs to excel in both their territories. Marring together the standard cubical dwelling windows user, the graphic designer on the Mac and the home user on what ever they can afford and prefer would be key.

I'd like to be able to do everything without having to open up more than one program. If I want to type something up I'd like to be able to add a photo in and then edit it in situe with good editing tools, not have to pre process it within another program and then paste it in. Feel free to add examples to this basic idea. Integration of functions from many different types of programs if something to aim for (Separate and distinct processes may have to come on board in the background, but as a user I don't care I just want the end result without the hassle of remembering what program I should use to do a professional standard edit on a picture)

Beyond on that customisation becomes the key. I want my desktop to look exactly how I want it to look, and react to use as I want within the basic OS framework. Sidebar and widgets are a good example of this sort of modification coming into mainstream use, but they are still limited. I want to be able to change any aspect of the display and interactive feature on the machine to something I have in my head at a moment’s notice, not have to search a hostile internet for something that is a compromise. If that means creating something I’m fine with that, just supply me the tools to do it. Don’t make me find them and experiment, give me the tools and the knowledge to tweak things or even produce a completely different OS from the blocks given.

I want everything to come as standard.

The_Icon
June 10th, 2008, 08:47 PM

Where can I grab the Iron Man theme for XP?

David Ostrom
June 11th, 2008, 01:25 AM
This is Tony Stark's computer theme. I would be happy with just a wallpaper of this, but cant find any with high resolution.

Mateus909
June 11th, 2008, 03:19 AM
david those are so awesome!
though i dont think there replicable just yet(then again, maybe the compiz wizes can figure something out) any pics like that of his office PC?

David Ostrom
June 11th, 2008, 04:59 AM
Good God, your a woman!

David Ostrom
June 11th, 2008, 05:06 AM
More screen shots. Still looking for the office PC.

Mateus909
June 11th, 2008, 02:19 PM
david those are insane! and props for the "Good god, your a woman!"

Winterpale
June 11th, 2008, 09:18 PM
“Liquid Desktop”

I am working on the assumption that what we are discussing is a desktop that exists beyond the limits of the screen, removing the need for taskbar/quick launch equivalent as all open programs are perpetually open (if not running). Think that makes sense…

One of the issues to overcome in terms of usability would be the quick navigation between background processes.

This could be overcome by a “hovering” tab which would then display the open tasks, in much the same manner as Vista shuffle feature (but with more options for display methods)

There is a potential for 3d interaction with the file system. Zooming in to dig into the file system and scrolling along the y and x axis to navigate between files in the same folders. Zoom out pulling you back through the same layers, leaving transparency.
Imagine the file system just hovering on the desktop with any point available.
Such a system would be a opportunity to get away from the standard method of representing files in accordance to a physical system and implement a more intuitive system along the lines of “personal brain” or similar mind mapping software. Depending on the strength of the system a user accessible file system need not be used in everyday operation rather a search function could proliferate, with the machine picking out the specific files and associated documents required. This would require an extra stage to be added to the naming if downloaded files, allowing the user to tag files with a number of key words to allow for easier searching.

Thinking on the fly…
A zoom in/out function applied to the whole desktop space would allow the user to navigate through the open work space without the need for the “hovering” tab mentioned above; you would just pull all the way out and scroll through the applications. As application would not need to be minimised in the traditional sense everything should be easier to find.

Reorganising the desktop on the hop would also be tricky. For instance if a user wants to work on a text document while watching a video and keeping an messenger chat window open, but these applications have opened in vastly different parts of the desktop.

The sensible option would seem to be allowing the user to select the windows they wish to view and then re-centring the viewable portion of the desktop around this.
Also adding in an option to have a window follow the users view and stay in a location relative to the viewed desktop instead of sticking to the virtual desktop where it could slide out of site.

Any notification would have to open by default in the portion of the desktop currently being viewed rather than associate with the program they were related to. It would be good getting an error message appearing where the user could not recognise and react to it. Of course the ability to assign an automatic response to frequently occurring pop up notifications would also be good.

Gone on far to long already...

Mateus909
June 11th, 2008, 10:57 PM
whoa...winterpale, you seem to know alot of this mate?

Winterpale
June 11th, 2008, 11:36 PM
whoa...winterpale, you seem to know alot of this mate?

Not especially, just too much time and bored at work, so my mind wonders a bit. I have very (very) little knowledge of programming etc, but I know what I'd like to see, and I’m getting tired of the limitations placed on users by a straight jacketed design structure which only provides the illusion of choice.

I would be reluctant to suggest that any of my thoughts are workable, correct, or the best possible solution, but putting things out there for other people to mull over is the only way to get ideas examined and past around.

Feel free to pull the ideas apart if you think I'm wrong, I'm always welcome to new angles. But if you think I'm making sense that would be good to know as well.

Let’s push this thing as hard, and as far as we can and change the way things work.

Mateus909
June 12th, 2008, 12:16 AM
Not especially, just too much time and bored at work, so my mind wonders a bit. I have very (very) little knowledge of programming etc, but I know what I'd like to see, and I’m getting tired of the limitations placed on users by a straight jacketed design structure which only provides the illusion of choice.

I would be reluctant to suggest that any of my thoughts are workable, correct, or the best possible solution, but putting things out there for other people to mull over is the only way to get ideas examined and past around.

Feel free to pull the ideas apart if you think I'm wrong, I'm always welcome to new angles. But if you think I'm making sense that would be good to know as well.

Let’s push this thing as hard, and as far as we can and change the way things work.

hey man, a caveman once had the bright idea to carve a rock in a round shape...we know how that story goes ;)

omega17
June 12th, 2008, 06:21 PM
if somebody has seen it before then it's out there... anyone know how many themes are on gnome-look.org?

Mateus909
June 12th, 2008, 10:22 PM
if somebody has seen it before then it's out there... anyone know how many themes are on gnome-look.org?

alot? none stark-ish yet though

omega17
June 12th, 2008, 10:59 PM
http://www0.get-e.org/Themes/E17/_images/simplicity.jpg
link to a theme kinda like it.

t3h_g3n3r4l
June 13th, 2008, 04:37 AM
So, I spent a few hours whipping up a similar background. It's by no means facsimile to the movie, but it's definitely "inspired by" the computer Tony Stark used in the movie.

I'm thinking that some of the windows and all seem like a "glass" theme for Compiz / KDE4, and I'll try to get some screenshots up when I get 8.04 installed here later on tonight.

Anyhow, a link to the image:

http://www.unix.eng.ua.edu/~apike/images/galleries/Random/ironbackground.jpg

omega17
June 13th, 2008, 04:57 AM

I WOULD LOVE that! awesome, make it please!

Ravenwing
June 13th, 2008, 04:13 PM
Any progress with this theme? I have looked all over and have found ZERO things that even come close.

A J.A.R.V.I.S. theme would be more then awesome for my laptop running Hardy.

t3h_g3n3r4l
June 14th, 2008, 03:22 AM
So, I was a little later than I initially thought in getting the screenshot together, but here's a little eye candy.

http://www.unix.eng.ua.edu/~apike/images/snapshot1.jpg

But yeah, it seems like there are a lot of icons for SD devices across the bottom (or files, but that's irrelevant). I'm still working on pieces here and there.

Details:

Custom background (the one I linked to earlier)
KDE 3.5 with Crystal Window Deco Theme and transparency turned on
Custom color scheme to match background
Konsole with color schema set to "Transparent Dark Background"

Mateus909
June 15th, 2008, 01:37 AM
that is a sweet theme, any idea if you can get a dock on the bottom instead of the bar?

t3h_g3n3r4l
June 15th, 2008, 08:28 AM
That's something I've been working on. Since I posted that screen, I've modified the background a bit -- after realizing the arc reactor was actually in a running program I decided to turn the layer that held it off -- I've got Kooldock running along the bottom of the screen, and a few other small effects.

The problem I've run into is, after installing compiz-fusion, my ability to use KDE's translucency function goes away... which reduces the liquid look that is prevalent in the computer systems in the movie. That might just be a config error on my behalf though.

Does anybody know what the icon set is that they're running on the office computers? It seems moderately familiar, but I might just be imagining things. :guitar:

hamletv
June 17th, 2008, 06:12 PM
Hey guys,

First off... this an awesome idea... now my two cents:

I found this (http://www.daddymcguire.com/2008/05/03/iron-man-stark-industries-are-powered-by-linux/trackback/) where they mention elive to be the base of what's in the movie (http://www.elivecd.org/).

Hope that helps.

Winterpale
June 18th, 2008, 04:08 AM
Hey guys,

First off... this an awesome idea... now my two cents:

I found this (http://www.daddymcguire.com/2008/05/03/iron-man-stark-industries-are-powered-by-linux/trackback/) where they mention elive to be the base of what's in the movie (http://www.elivecd.org/).

Hope that helps.

I'd throw in on a marginaly less useful note, that it is knicking one or two bits from the game menu in "Crysis"

Winterpale
June 23rd, 2008, 06:30 PM
And if you want to see some really cool design work go over to www.007.com (site for the new bond film) and look at the load graphics. Then go to dossier along the top bar and launch that. Watch the load screen very closely.

Cool idea.

acelin
June 24th, 2008, 01:53 PM
That is awesome^^^

Dansaycool
June 26th, 2008, 03:16 PM
I've got some experience with making making graphics and objects like the ones in the Iron Man movie as I'm alright with Photoshop and Illustrator but I'm also a programmer at heart interested in innovative designs in User Interfaces, I'm currently working on the iPhone, making cool things happen with that. I've also done a fair bit in Flash and like to make things look nice and swirl about so would be interested in helping in the project if any did happen!

SBFC
July 10th, 2008, 06:29 PM

My personal favorite superhero movies are the Spiderman movies...EXCLUDING Spiderman 3 which was indeed a flop.

I loved the first two. The third one was so terrible because Sam Raimi got it in his head that he could write the screenplay...FAIL. He apparently forgot that he makes campy movies. He should have left the screenplay to the pros like the first two Spiderman movies.

Giant Speck
July 10th, 2008, 10:53 PM
I wish I had known about this thread sooner.

I made an Emerald theme for Iron Man back in June. It can be found here:
http://www.kde-look.org/content/show.php/Iron+Man+Emerald+Theme+Pack?content=83398

It's bundled with a Domino theme, wallpaper, kicker background, and color schemes. Unfortunately these extras are only for Kubuntu.

I also made a wallpaper which is, for now, just for Kubuntu. However, I supposed I can try to make one for Ubuntu, too.

http://www.kde-look.org/content/show.php/Iron+Kubuntu?content=84015

Doby
August 27th, 2008, 03:02 AM
What about a file manager that can do everything you said, browse the web like explorer in windows and play media files. So you could browse to your music files click one to play, and the open a new tab in the same window to browse the web, then open another tab to create a word document. This was an idea of mine about a year ago but I am in no way quilfied to write it up, and I know its nearly impossible to run something like this on any processor that is made today.

Jekate
September 2nd, 2008, 10:56 PM
Anyone know where I can download the theme in this screenshot: http://www.4peeps.com/pain/Desktops/IronMan%20(Large).bmp

NullHead
September 3rd, 2008, 04:29 AM
Anyone know where I can download the theme in this screenshot: http://www.4peeps.com/pain/Desktops/IronMan%20(Large).bmp

It would seem like it's a windows theme.

Giant Speck
September 3rd, 2008, 05:10 AM
It would seem like it's a windows theme.

It's a WindowBlinds theme.

I tried to find it, but alas, I couldn't. :(

MegaPrime33
October 14th, 2008, 04:49 PM
Now that the DVD/BR is out on this, has there been any head way? I'd love to get this setup as a theme or OS on my computer.

V for Vincent
October 14th, 2008, 06:25 PM
What about a file manager that can do everything you said, browse the web like explorer in windows and play media files. So you could browse to your music files click one to play, and the open a new tab in the same window to browse the web, then open another tab to create a word document. This was an idea of mine about a year ago but I am in no way quilfied to write it up, and I know its nearly impossible to run something like this on any processor that is made today.

I think Konqueror's as close as you're going to get, and I don't really see the point. It's good to have modular apps.

FrankVdb
October 14th, 2008, 07:51 PM
Ironman is triathlon. Triathlon is Ironman. I want an Ironman Compiz theme! :guitar:

kindaretardish@yahoo.com
November 10th, 2008, 05:00 AM
so i was playing around with some stuff and came up with these icons!

hope you like them!

they're like the ones from the cumputer pepper uses.

i'm using the one labeled multiple file as a zip folder icon.

it's multi purpose really. i made these in one afternoon.

feedback please!

<a href="http://modeelite.blogspot.com/">my blog!</a>

to add these icons, right click the file, go to the bottom of the list and click properties.

from there go to the customize tab
click change icon and just pick one of the unzipped ones you like!

to apply it to all the files of that type, i use iconpackager's 30 day free trial.

NullHead
November 10th, 2008, 06:03 AM
so i was playing around with some stuff and came up with these icons!

hope you like them!

they're like the ones from the cumputer pepper uses.

i'm using the one labeled multiple file as a zip folder icon.

it's multi purpose really. i made these in one afternoon.

feedback please!

<a href="http://modeelite.blogspot.com/">my blog!</a>

to add these icons, right click the file, go to the bottom of the list and click properties.

from there go to the customize tab
click change icon and just pick one of the unzipped ones you like!

to apply it to all the files of that type, i use iconpackager's 30 day free trial.

How do those relate to Iron Man? They're really small too.

Giant Speck
November 10th, 2008, 07:23 AM
How do those relate to Iron Man? They're really small too.

They're from the computer that Pepper uses at Stark Industries when she's trying to figure out what Obadiah is up to.

kindaretardish@yahoo.com
November 10th, 2008, 07:11 PM
sorry they're small...
they're just a trial run that i made in a couple of hours.
i'll try and make them bigger.

NullHead
November 10th, 2008, 09:02 PM
They're from the computer that Pepper uses at Stark Industries when she's trying to figure out what Obadiah is up to.

I sorta recognized them, but they were so small, I couldn't really tell.

sorry they're small...
they're just a trial run that i made in a couple of hours.
i'll try and make them bigger.

If you could make them bigger and just put them into a tar.gz package, then I think they'll be more useful. They do look like you put a good amount of effort into them though.

Doesn't gnome use .svn images for icons? I can't actually remember what file type is used :lolflag:

kindaretardish@yahoo.com
November 10th, 2008, 09:24 PM
i cant make them bigger for some reason, but i'll put the jpgs up if you all can turn those into icons...

kindaretardish@yahoo.com
November 10th, 2008, 09:24 PM
and the last one. the reg. folder.

sirebral
November 11th, 2008, 02:40 AM
Here are the screenshots of the home computer.

I think a Compiz Theme like this computer would be awesome. Some people are doing things with XP and other OSs that allow them to have a 3D desktop environment. They can then rotate windows and bring them to foreground and background.

If someone wanted to make a theme like the one in the pictures it could be done. I'm not an adept, just offering ideas.

The person could have the windows zoom in and out (Super - Double Click the Window Top), and the Theme could be given some minimize and closing transitions that rotate them as they close.

I think you would get an easy to use GUI that took advantage of the 3D desktop controls, and with the right theme you would be able to have the same Jarvis computer that Stark uses in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02wB1e36TNk

It's the same theme and design as in the pictures.

If you animated the clicks you could take total advantage of the Targeting Feature that is presented, as well as the other effects that are displayed when Tony touches the screen.

I think it would be a worthy theme, and I think it would help create a great compilation that would compete against the XP environments. Plus, with a touch screen -- = love.

my two cents and designing imagination.

Dansaycool
November 25th, 2008, 07:13 PM
Hey!

I found this today, it was emailed to me via my web design web subscription!!

Looks not half bad.. it shows you how to make bits of the user interface he uses in the suit.. no code sorry.. It's a photoshop job!! enjoy

http://webdesign.org/article.php?id=16578

amadeus266
July 13th, 2009, 01:35 AM
Anyone still working on this? My nephews (3 & 4 yrs old) are really into the movie and keep asking me when my computer will do the same stuff.

Sawta
September 19th, 2009, 01:49 AM
I hate to revive such an old thread, but it would be nice to know if anyone has been working on keeping this project going or not. It looked like there was a bit of progress made here (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=782233), but that thread seems to have died completely as well.

I would have assumed that this project was dead and gone, but I imagine that with the interest of Iron Man II coming out sometime soon that perhaps there's a bit more interest in getting this theme out alongside the movies release.

Reference material and information on the people who created the scenes for the movie can be found here (http://www.thefront.com/vfx.php?view=7), if anyone has the skills to get this project off the ground.

Exodist
September 20th, 2009, 02:46 PM
I could possibly make a theme very close, the only catch is the bottom right corners of the windows are cut at 45 degrees. So if a perfectly square version could surpass I can easily do that with metacity and the pixmap engine in Gnome. Email me if interested. BTW.. I dont do icons, someone else will have to work on that..

PsychedelicWonders
October 19th, 2009, 09:04 AM
“Liquid Desktop”

I am working on the assumption that what we are discussing is a desktop that exists beyond the limits of the screen, removing the need for taskbar/quick launch equivalent as all open programs are perpetually open (if not running). Think that makes sense…

One of the issues to overcome in terms of usability would be the quick navigation between background processes.

This could be overcome by a “hovering” tab which would then display the open tasks, in much the same manner as Vista shuffle feature (but with more options for display methods)

There is a potential for 3d interaction with the file system. Zooming in to dig into the file system and scrolling along the y and x axis to navigate between files in the same folders. Zoom out pulling you back through the same layers, leaving transparency.
Imagine the file system just hovering on the desktop with any point available.
Such a system would be a opportunity to get away from the standard method of representing files in accordance to a physical system and implement a more intuitive system along the lines of “personal brain” or similar mind mapping software. Depending on the strength of the system a user accessible file system need not be used in everyday operation rather a search function could proliferate, with the machine picking out the specific files and associated documents required. This would require an extra stage to be added to the naming if downloaded files, allowing the user to tag files with a number of key words to allow for easier searching.

Thinking on the fly…
A zoom in/out function applied to the whole desktop space would allow the user to navigate through the open work space without the need for the “hovering” tab mentioned above; you would just pull all the way out and scroll through the applications. As application would not need to be minimised in the traditional sense everything should be easier to find.

Reorganising the desktop on the hop would also be tricky. For instance if a user wants to work on a text document while watching a video and keeping an messenger chat window open, but these applications have opened in vastly different parts of the desktop.

The sensible option would seem to be allowing the user to select the windows they wish to view and then re-centring the viewable portion of the desktop around this.
Also adding in an option to have a window follow the users view and stay in a location relative to the viewed desktop instead of sticking to the virtual desktop where it could slide out of site.

Any notification would have to open by default in the portion of the desktop currently being viewed rather than associate with the program they were related to. It would be good getting an error message appearing where the user could not recognise and react to it. Of course the ability to assign an automatic response to frequently occurring pop up notifications would also be good.

Gone on far to long already...

I really think youre on to something.

I think the way I've set up the 3-D cube as a sphere with no caps is pretty impressive and almost simliar to what we are trying to accomplish (at least with out writing a bunch of new code) so that with the flick of the scroll button I have an entirely new desktop with certain programs that I have constaly running.

Its not ideal, but its pretty sweet, but I havent used it for like 6 months because I'm having an issue getting the video cards right. (I'm running three 19" monitors & a 46" LCD Samsung)

Sirebral:
I think a Compiz Theme like this computer would be awesome. Some people are doing things with XP and other OSs that allow them to have a 3D desktop environment. They can then rotate windows and bring them to foreground and background.

That is a REALLY awesome idea... any clue on getting it to work?

I'm also considering Konqueror & even http://www.elivecd.org/ and then manipulating that.

I'm even hoping Win 7 will be able to be modifed to a Liquid crystal effect.

TAKE A LOOK AT THIS!!!

http://oblong.com/

Basically that is exactly what I'm looking for personally. I dont know about you guys, but now its just a matter of time.

PsychedelicWonders
October 19th, 2009, 07:41 PM
Let me also add this to the mix:

http://www.ted.com/talks/pattie_maes_demos_the_sixth_sense.html

Imagine a device like this molded into the iPhone and then remotely linked up to a system like the Oblong.

Meta Data just became seamless into your everyday life.

PsychedelicWonders
October 23rd, 2009, 04:09 AM
Anyone have anything on this desktop transformation?

c0dege3k
April 13th, 2010, 12:48 PM
Has anyone worked on this? I'm really interested, but don't really know where to start.

NullHead
April 13th, 2010, 04:19 PM
Has anyone worked on this? I'm really interested, but don't really know where to start.

It appears as though this "project" has never even been started.

kton
May 15th, 2010, 09:25 PM
Well after watching iron man 2, it would be nice for this project to actually start.. i'm mainly looking for a theme that is dark with a turquoise edge to it, if anyone has seen iron man 2 they would also know that the windows all have a transparency to them... i dont care much for icons but they should be dark... anyone have ideas?

BAMFmyhalsky
August 19th, 2010, 05:54 AM
sorry to attack a dead thread but this is too important to give up on, be it linux, windows, or mac someone needs to get this idea we all have into a viable os or at least skin!

juanclunac
August 20th, 2010, 01:23 AM
i dont know, the idea of make an OS based on Iron man, just seems silly, but an skin based on Iron man for Gnome, KDE or wathever, seems rly nice an possible.

chips24
August 21st, 2010, 05:53 AM
pepper, not penny...