PDA

View Full Version : [other] Firefox Stopped Working

Sonic Reducer
May 3rd, 2008, 07:29 AM
i installed the torbutton add-on from ubuntu-unleashed.com (http://www.ubuntu-unleashed.com/2007/08/new-torbutton-featured-at-blackhat.html) right before i went to work, i shut my computer down and when i got home and turned my computer back on firefox won't start. i tried opening a terminal and trying to start it there, but i don't even get any error information.

when that didn't work i opened up synaptic and reinstalled everything relating to firefox, but not even that solved the problem. i noticed firefox 3 was in the repos, so i installed it. firefox 3 works (it's what i am using to type this) but firefox doesn't.

i figure my problem has something to do with the torbutton, so i uninstalled it via firefox 3's add-on's menu.

what should i do to fix firefox?

joselin
May 3rd, 2008, 07:34 AM
One posible solution is to remove all data in mozilla for your user. This data is stored in $HOME/.mozilla. Perhaps you could try first removing only the extension, but you have to try it and see.

By doing this you will loose all you bookmarks and stored passwords. So please, do it at your own risk.

Regards.

SunnyRabbiera
May 3rd, 2008, 07:37 AM
remember that sometimes downloading extrentions from third parties can be bad, even if this blog says ubuntu you can bet that ubuntu doesnt endorse or fund that blog

Sonic Reducer
May 3rd, 2008, 07:41 AM
remember that sometimes downloading extrentions from third parties can be bad, even if this blog says ubuntu you can bet that ubuntu doesnt endorse or fund that blog

it's always had good info on it, this is the first time there has been any issues