PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] GParted problem on LiveCD (gutsy)

wolf3491
May 3rd, 2008, 03:10 AM
I can use gparted on the live cd just fine, but after it does it job and tries to rescan my drive, it crashes. Every time. I can make it go through whatever weird setup I want, but after it is done applying the changes, it crashes. No big deal really, but this computer I'm using is oldish, but my only non-production computer, and I enjoy using ubuntu to do my partitioning, but is this a liveCD problem, or a hardware issue on my end?

iSplicer
May 3rd, 2008, 03:12 AM
I suggest you try and check the livecd for defects at the main menu right after it boots up

wolf3491
May 3rd, 2008, 03:17 AM
Well, I didn't burn it, it was one shipped to me. But I shall give that a try, doesn't hurt to check.

NightwishFan
May 3rd, 2008, 03:24 AM
No that problem happens no matter what for me. It is fixed in Hardy live cd so no worries, also it wont hurt anything that it crashes. Just do all your actions and when it crashes on rescan just open it back up and continue.

Sef
May 3rd, 2008, 03:26 AM
Well, I didn't burn it, it was one shipped to me. But I shall give that a try, doesn't hurt to check.

Still could have been a bad burn or a bad cd.

wolf3491
May 3rd, 2008, 04:15 AM
No that problem happens no matter what for me. It is fixed in Hardy live cd so no worries, also it wont hurt anything that it crashes. Just do all your actions and when it crashes on rescan just open it back up and continue.

Thanks, I'm glad it doesn't make a difference. I'm looking forward to Hardy, I'm gonna wait a week or two before making the switch.