May 3rd, 2008, 02:38 AM
Like misspelling OSX? LOL :) :lolflag:

tw3k
May 3rd, 2008, 02:39 AM
D'oh! meant osx.

tw3k
May 3rd, 2008, 02:40 AM

rofl (http://www.google.com/search?q=play+backwards+youTube+playlist+tunes&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=com.ubuntu:en-US:unofficial&client=firefox-a)

tw3k
May 3rd, 2008, 02:44 AM

rofl (http://www.google.com/search?q=play+backwards+youTube+playlist+tunes&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=com.ubuntu:en-US:unofficial&client=firefox-a) :lolflag:

llamakc
May 3rd, 2008, 02:45 AM
Back to your topic: I understand what you miss, but in what programs do you desire spell-check?

SunnyRabbiera
May 3rd, 2008, 02:46 AM
Spellcheck has never been an issue for me personally...

shad0w_walker
May 3rd, 2008, 02:50 AM
Universal spell checking would be nice, but I'm not sure I'd want it to be honest, I'd find the digital equivalent of the guy that leans over your shoulder and points out all your mistakes really annoying.

At the end of the day the only things I really care about spelling in are things that will be going to other people and Openoffice and thunderbird have their spell checks so I'm not bothered.

I wonder how difficult it would be to create a program that offered the functionality though? If there was an easy way to have access to any selected text field it shouldn't be especially difficult.

tw3k
May 3rd, 2008, 03:01 AM
Back to your topic: I understand what you miss, but in what programs do you desire spell-check?

I'm a really lousy typer. Like, one constant interface within the graphical space for dictionary/spell check feature.

I guess, to my understanding, since I am using the gnome daemon it'd be a aspell process.

As an example; I've tried four e-mail clients and each has, except for alpine, its' own spell check feature. This includes thunderbird and firefox. It's kinda like either you use geko as a "dictionary/spell checker" or it' be suppled by the gnome-daemon.

i dunno, haven't really paid attention to freedesktop, maybe another daemon should do this.

tw3k
May 3rd, 2008, 03:02 AM
Spellcheck has never been an issue for me personally...
yeah, i suck

tw3k
May 3rd, 2008, 03:05 AM
I wonder how difficult it would be to create a program that offered the functionality though? If there was an easy way to have access to any selected text field it shouldn't be especially difficult.

well, if i could ave told ya, i'd ave already made it ;)