PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Limit on Firefox Bookmarks?

sports fan Matt
May 1st, 2008, 06:04 AM
Is there a limit on the number of Firefox bookmarks you can have? I have over 100 and I was trying to readd the Ubuntu.com one, but it stays at 113, where it should be 114..Any ideas?

freesitebuilder
May 1st, 2008, 09:15 AM
I've certainly got a lot more than 100.

kellemes
May 1st, 2008, 11:43 AM
Is there a limit on the number of Firefox bookmarks you can have? I have over 100 and I was trying to readd the Ubuntu.com one, but it stays at 113, where it should be 114..Any ideas?

Maybe the bookmark was already there?

sports fan Matt
May 1st, 2008, 03:40 PM
Thats certainly a possibility..I was able to add others last night so its not that problem..hmm..

viennashade
May 8th, 2009, 08:29 AM
I feel that I have an obligation to reply to this question, because I have just realized that I have 1,370 bookmarks. (Okay, well had, as I am now deleting some.) I figure nobody else has ever tried/had reason to get that high, so there you are FYI. (Firefox 3.0.4. for Mac) I don't know what the limit is, but I now know it is not 1,369.

I should probably also mention that the process of viewing/saving/organizing bookmarks has become very slow for the past few months, and that tonight the feature was acting strangely, so if there's a limit I feel I may be close to it!

Thus ends my contribution to the knowledge base of posterity.