PDA

View Full Version : World Of Warcraft revisited

Ken28
May 1st, 2008, 03:17 AM
I posted this on another thread as a reply like a new guy... so here it goes again.I am trying to download Wine to Mint 4.0 I am new to Linux which is now my only OS on this pc I am unable to download wine or once it downloads cannot get it to run so that I can install world of warcraft. at this point I need someone to hold my newbie hand and direct me how to get this proocess to work as flawless as it seems on the hundreds of forums I have read

healtank
May 1st, 2008, 03:53 AM
:) Well, i downloaded ubuntu 8.04 and with wine it works PERFECT other than the lag, but i think that my comp:( either way, if it isnt opening with wine you can go to "open with other application" -> "use a custom command" (at the bottom) -> "browse" -> /home/(username)/.wine/ -> hit open -> and it should work!
otherwise u can also try this..
right click -> open with -> scroll down -> windows wine emlator
and that should work also, but only if u have used wine for something else
correct me if im wrong =) this is my first week on ubuntu but ive had manykinds of linux before this is only one i truely like because u CAN play wow with it...pst me in-game i'm Healtankdpsr - US - spirestone

thisismalhotra
May 1st, 2008, 11:19 AM
I posted this on another thread as a reply like a new guy... so here it goes again.I am trying to download Wine to Mint 4.0 I am new to Linux which is now my only OS on this pc I am unable to download wine or once it downloads cannot get it to run so that I can install world of warcraft. at this point I need someone to hold my newbie hand and direct me how to get this proocess to work as flawless as it seems on the hundreds of forums I have read

I can help..; open synaptic and install WINE. or else run the following command in terminal.

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install wine

once installed run;

winecfg

Than follow this guide ...

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WorldofWarcraft