PDA

View Full Version : Official Hardy disks are in the state!!

jedijf
May 1st, 2008, 12:38 AM
Hello all,

The official pressed Hardy Heron have arrived.

The previous area contacts were:

Jim Fisher Southeast/Phila

Alex Gretlein (iqag) Northeastern PA

Brett Fledderjohn Harrisburg/York/Lancaster

LDwayneS Central PA

OPEN Erie & Northwestern PA

OPEN Pittsburgh & Southwestern PA

If you are interested in becoming a disk contact for an area in the event the opportunity arises, please respond to the list or the forums. I will contact all previous contacts to verify their status and do whatever necessary to get the disks to the various regions of the state as soon as possible.

I intend on using the plan that we used before, based on the demographic info on the forum poll at:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=388685

If you haven't done so yet, please complete the poll so that your area gets an accurate representation for our demographic info.

Disk-tribution info will be available at:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PennsylvaniaTeam/Disks

Let's get these disks out to the public. :-)

dark_harmonics
May 5th, 2008, 01:02 AM
I ordered a few on my own and will be giving them out to people at work and I plan on setting up a display in my friend's down town business. Also, I am close enough to a new LUG that my father is setting up in butler PA. I just don't have the time to start something on my own :(. I really wish I did. If somebody plans it out, I can help hand out CDs down at the local colleges. It might be worth a trip to Oakland. I could do it on a Saturday or even take off work to do it during the week sometime. the word just needs to get out there. I really, honestly believe this. I can lend my efforts to the tasks if somebody can take the reigns. I'm afraid my organizational skills aren't so great.

jedijf
May 5th, 2008, 05:47 PM
CanObeans has stepped up from the Pittsburgh/Southwest area to be a disk representative. I will wait until the end of the week to see if anyone else steps up.

We need an Erie area rep.

The wiki will be updated with email addresses of the area representatives and the other forms of communication are always available; irc and mailing list to keep in touch and coordinate events.