PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Belkin Wireless G Plus MIMO USB Network Adapter

shoenigman
April 30th, 2008, 07:32 PM
I have posted about not being able to configure this device before at http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=691186. I was actually able to get this to get this device working properly through advice offered in the referenced post.

However, since I updated to Ubuntu 8.04 (hardy) last week I have not been able to get on the Internet. When I type in the following command

ifconfig -a

there is no entry for WLAN0, just entires for 'eth2' and 'lo'. I have removed the USB device and plugged it back in, yet the system does not register the device. Does anyone have any advice as to how I can get this back up and working? Thanks in advance!

shoenigman
April 30th, 2008, 11:37 PM
Just to reiterate, my wireless connection worked in Gutsy but now that I upgraded to Hardy it has stopped working. Does anyone know how to fix this issue? any responses would be greatly appreciated. Once again, thanks!

shoenigman
June 4th, 2008, 01:14 AM
Does anyone have an answer on this yet? I still haven't been able to solve this. Thanks in advance!

shoenigman
July 15th, 2008, 11:51 PM
I still have not gotten this to work. Does anybody have an answer? Thanks!

Happibun
August 6th, 2008, 10:50 AM
:-k

Were you using Network Manager, or something else like Wicd in Gutsy? I had the same problem, though with a different card (My set up is with a Netgear router and #*%@ Broadcom Airforce one in my lappy).

The install of Hardy wiped my wireless settings and I had to reconfigure Wicd and remove Network Manager all over again.

I gather that Network Manager is needed when the OS is reinstalled, or upgraded, and so doing so mucks up the alternative wireless settings.
I hope this is of some use. [-o<

):P