PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] hey all

wargodsown
April 30th, 2008, 05:57 PM
hey i'm kinda new with the linux stuff but i'm workin on it i'm running ubuntu hardy herion and for some reason my bit torrent(i.e the one that comes with hardy) transmission is'nt working it says it's getting no response from the other side and i can't for the life of me figure out how to fix it. i thank you guys in advance for any help u can throw my way

artir
April 30th, 2008, 06:06 PM
Open transmission and go to to preferences. You will find a textbox with the port in use. Wait a few secs and a "Port open" or "port closed" message will appear.
Post the resulting message.

artir
April 30th, 2008, 06:06 PM
Open transmission and go to to preferences. You will find a textbox with the port in use. Wait a few secs and a "Port open" or "port closed" message will appear.
Post the resulting message.

wargodsown
July 5th, 2008, 09:23 AM
hey it says that the port is closed and i have tried multiple port randomly selected and also i have gone and looked at the ports my router has open for that kinda thing and tried those ones and it still gives me the port closed message

whitethorn
July 5th, 2008, 09:45 AM
hey it says that the port is closed and i have tried multiple port randomly selected and also i have gone and looked at the ports my router has open for that kinda thing and tried those ones and it still gives me the port closed message

Have you installed a firewall or changed iptables? ie. Firestarter. If you have to also have to open a port in it.

hyper_ch
July 5th, 2008, 11:08 AM
it is adviced to use a descriptive topic title, that means a topic title that gives some clue about the content in the thread itself...

a generic topic title like "noob here" or "need help" does not help at all. As you may have notices, just about everyone posting in here has some kind of a problem or issue or question ;)

wargodsown
July 6th, 2008, 09:06 AM
hey sorry bout that it was one of the first post i put up and i was'nt thinking anyways i tried to tinker with the firewall and it did'nt work so i shut it down all together and the transmission recognises that i want to downlode something but says it is idle and when i cheked the info on it it say's it is stalled non of the ports i tried opening work it says they are all closed?????????? this is a lil frustrateing

aktiwers
July 6th, 2008, 09:09 AM
You can also try Deluge-torrent. I found it is better at finding open ports than Transmission. Specially if you set it to full encryption and random ports in the properties.

To install Deluge, click Here (apt:deluge-torrent)

And find it under Applications = Internet = Deluge

sharks
July 6th, 2008, 09:47 AM
Deluge is good. but still u can use BITCOMET under WINE.