PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] dell shipping??

garrison742
April 30th, 2008, 03:48 PM
Hello everyone. Used ubuntu 7.10 for a couple weeks and ordered a dell 1420n on the 24th.:guitar: Ship date shows to be May 5th. I found where a lot of these ship dates were being pushed back in 2007 and wondering if I should expect my ship date to be pushed back or did they get things lined out? Also are there any fixes I need to plan on doing when I receive it or are they ready out of box now with 7.10?:confused:

notwen
April 30th, 2008, 04:54 PM
Hello everyone. Used ubuntu 7.10 for a couple weeks and ordered a dell 1420n on the 24th.:guitar: Ship date shows to be May 5th. I found where a lot of these ship dates were being pushed back in 2007 and wondering if I should expect my ship date to be pushed back or did they get things lined out? Also are there any fixes I need to plan on doing when I receive it or are they ready out of box now with 7.10?:confused:

The 2007 delays were generally caused by the custom colored lids being on backorder. I haven't heard of any complaints from users lately as far as this goes and don't believe your system would be delayed. You could always contact Dell to see if there are any parts in your machine that may slow down the process, but I think your machine should arrive on time.

I purchased my Inspiron 1420n soon after they first started offering them w/ Ubuntu pre-installed and am very happy w/ my purchase. Hope you enjoy yours as much as I've enjoyed mine. =]

grenet
April 30th, 2008, 05:16 PM
i also had no shipping delays on the 1420N i bought around the middle of November.

My only real issue was with DHL, which ships all the Dell products, as they were a full day late, with terrible communication to boot.

As far as out of the box 7.10, the ISO image I put on my machine made everything work perfectly when I upped from 7.04, I don't think you should have any issues.

They actually shipped my machine a few days before the shipping date they gave me, which I liked as well.

garrison742
April 30th, 2008, 05:33 PM
thanks, that is what I wanted to hear.:) I have ordered from Dell a few times before and normally receive by there ship date but did not want to expect too much. Looking forward to throwing windows out the window.:lolflag: