PDA

View Full Version : Developing a new application

hermes0710
April 29th, 2008, 12:53 PM
Hello,
I want to start developing a new ui application for creating / editing gtk themes. I really got confused in Launchpad...

What are the steps i must follow? I created an account in launchpad, i created the blueprint but i don't know how to proceed...

FlyingIsFun1217
April 30th, 2008, 11:37 PM
Have you worked with UI development before? Development at all? I'm just wondering what your experience is, that will help people help you better.

FlyingIsFun1217

hermes0710
April 30th, 2008, 11:48 PM
I am a software engineer. Currently Web Development (J2EE, Ajax, JSF, Wicket, JSP), two years before .Net and before that c,c++. I am familiar with UI Development and actually i am willing to study whatever it gets to have an application developed according to any Linux's distro rules. The thing is that this is a forum. From here what i need is help about the steps i should follow. Anyway,i will try to figure out how launchpad works. I just may not follow the launch pad's line since the application i "want" (and hope to be able) to create could easily belong to gnome... It's a gtk theme editor/creator.
Anyway,
thank you for your time/reply

FlyingIsFun1217
May 3rd, 2008, 05:00 PM
I'm just not clear on what your problem is. Are you having issues creating the application? Or just with getting it into Launchpad?

FlyingIsFun1217

ssam
May 4th, 2008, 08:12 PM
https://launchpad.net/projects/+new
lets you create a new project.

launchpad provides code hosting, bugtracking, mailing lists etc.

http://ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=39 might help you with the programing side of things.

FirstByté
October 4th, 2008, 01:44 PM
All are free to kick my b*tt here. I'm a programer too who's just having his first toe inside Linux/Ubuntu [a fleshy n00b actually]:guitar:. I decided to post here cause I wanna add my quota to the big world of Ubuntu Open source.

I'm a [non MFC]c++ guy and dying to develop app in Linux in the Genre of Graphics related, AudioVid related & of cause, IM reated app. What app would simplify my tasks - Making me able to port GNome aware apps.

I Love the work done by Ubuntu guys that I FEEL OBLIGED to give something too:popcorn: