PDA

View Full Version : VBA Express - sound problems

iHurrr
April 29th, 2008, 06:49 AM
I'm trying to play a game on VBA Express (a Game Boy Advance emulator). The video for the emulator runs just as it should, but the audio sounds like it's constantly being hit by a tire iron. I checked other programs, and I can hear things just fine through them (Audacious, youtube). I also checked to see if the ROM was at fault. It was not. Any ideas on what could be causing this?

Also:
The emulator will also lock up once I close out of it. Although it's not too big of a deal (I just kill the process when I'm done), any help would be greatly appreciated.

erginemr
April 29th, 2008, 07:52 AM
Cheesy attempt for a solution maybe, but I am using an ALSA sound config file (.asoundrc) that fixed my sound problems in the ZSnes emulator.
http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=4177459&postcount=9

It might help...

iHurrr
April 29th, 2008, 02:55 PM
Cheesy attempt for a solution maybe, but I am using an ALSA sound config file (.asoundrc) that fixed my sound problems in the ZSnes emulator.
http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=4177459&postcount=9

It might help...

That's incredible! It worked! Thank you so much! I've still got a lot to learn about linux, it would seem. Thanks again!

erginemr
April 30th, 2008, 07:03 AM
You are welcome retro-gamer boy! (Me, too ;)) Take care.

zizzdude
June 23rd, 2008, 01:31 AM
strange. instead of fixing the choppy sounds in VBA, it took out the sound. :confused:

I'm using alsa btw.

rayefrenzy
September 12th, 2008, 06:39 AM
I know this is kind of an old thread, but that fix just made things worse (the scratchiness increased 10 fold). Any other known fixes? I think I may just try Mednafen. http://mednafen.sourceforge.net/

Sockerdrickan
September 12th, 2008, 03:16 PM
Or, as I always say, you can use my GB/C emu if that's your cup of tea... :popcorn: www.tuxemu.se.nu

Konekodemon
January 6th, 2009, 09:40 AM
I can't get that file to open, well at least I can play roms now, but I can't play them on full screen, the sound still lags

disturbedite
January 6th, 2009, 06:53 PM
i'd like to kindly recommend VBA-M. it is a project that carries on vba development.

fabioxxxx
June 14th, 2009, 11:37 PM
wine + no$gba 2.6 worked like a charm, perfect sound , but will not load some roms...

huffman_tree
June 24th, 2009, 01:07 PM
That's incredible! It worked! Thank you so much! I've still got a lot to learn about linux, it would seem. Thanks again!
Me too.It did work.Thanks a lot!

usagiakumu
September 25th, 2010, 09:29 PM
Wine+VisualBoy Advance actually works well. Wine+any emulator except Dolphin and DeSmuME will certainly work better. I found the latter two to work better as they are being developed mainly open source.

Sockerdrickan
September 26th, 2010, 08:51 AM
Wine+VisualBoy Advance actually works well. Wine+any emulator except Dolphin and DeSmuME will certainly work better. I found the latter two to work better as they are being developed mainly open source.
No need to ressurect an old thread. But for GBA you can use VBA-M on linux.

mauricio.dev
January 27th, 2011, 10:48 PM
I've tried using gvba with throtlle = 100%.
It worked for me. Maverick with pulseaudio sound.

felipeludo2011@gmail.com
October 11th, 2011, 12:29 AM
Nice ! The .asoundrc file work perfectly, in my ubuntu and in debian too, thanks !