PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] Kubuntu kde4 and wirles usb linksys

idipous
April 28th, 2008, 10:30 PM
This is quite unusual. So far I did not installed 7.10 because it did not had built in support for my wusb54g wireless card like 7.04 did. I installed today 8.04 and found out that it has. But...

Although I was able to connect to the internet initially using dhcp when I was close to the access point, when I got my pc to my room (I had it next to the access point to have internet throughout the install with ethernet) and reboot I was unable to connect to the internet. Furthermore, when I right clicked on manual configuration (so as to give static ips) the manual configuration did not work in kde4. Although it sees my network issd it does not assign ip when I try to do so automatically. I installed the package from kde 3.5 and then I was able to manually configure the connection. But... When I stay idle for a while I lose my connection to the internet. I also have to disable and enable the wireless card in order to get internet back up. At this time I have left a ping running in order to write this.(!!!!)

Please has anyone any help to offer? I would like to use kubuntu 8.04 as I like it a lot with the new kde.

necromonger
April 29th, 2008, 12:07 AM
i have about the same problem i can't connect at all with a wusb54g.