PDA

View Full Version : VB.net

cartisdm
April 28th, 2008, 07:02 PM
I have a listbox with a set of data in it that I pulled in from a text file. It's a basic list, one item per line. On click of a button I'm trying to display a messagebox that gives the contents of the list box, also one item per line. Any help?

This is what I have so far (I know it's not much)

MessageBox.Show("All your sports are ", sportListBox.Items, MessageBoxButtons.OK)

Hyperkill
April 28th, 2008, 08:44 PM
I have a listbox with a set of data in it that I pulled in from a text file. It's a basic list, one item per line. On click of a button I'm trying to display a messagebox that gives the contents of the list box, also one item per line. Any help?

This is what I have so far (I know it's not much)

MessageBox.Show("All your sports are ", sportListBox.Items, MessageBoxButtons.OK)

I haven't programmed in VB in years but if I'm not mistaken you have to provide an index in order to do this. What you should probably do is use a for..next loop and grab each item. Indexes start with 0 so the first item will have an index of that. Sorry if I am no help but maybe it's a step in the right direction.

skeeterbug
April 29th, 2008, 12:58 AM
Hyperkill is right. You will have to iterate over sportListBox.Items, and perhaps build a string from that?

in C# it would look like so:

ListBox sportListBox = new ListBox();
string allItems = "";
foreach (ListItem li in sportListBox)
{
//Append each item here
}

//Display the "allItems" string in the messagebox