PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Setting up a static ip (need help)

gav-the-lad
April 28th, 2008, 04:04 PM
I need help with setting up a static ip, i want to be able to port forward so that i can use azureus. So what information do i need to set up a static ip? Do i need to access my router settings or is it all done via a terminal?

thanks

rturner
April 28th, 2008, 04:09 PM
You can set it up in Administration/Networking. Choose static ip from the drop down box, type it in and type in the ip address of your router under gateway. Then you have to go into your router and point the forwarding to your static ip address. I haven't used azureus in a long, long time, so not sure of the port to forward it to in the router.

gav-the-lad
April 28th, 2008, 06:50 PM
You can set it up in Administration/Networking. Choose static ip from the drop down box, type it in and type in the ip address of your router under gateway. Then you have to go into your router and point the forwarding to your static ip address. I haven't used azureus in a long, long time, so not sure of the port to forward it to in the router.

Well that wasn't too hard, i managed to find some info as well for my router at portforward.com. So I'm all sorted now.

Thanks for your help