PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Wireless stopped working after Hardy upgrade

pjhenry1216
April 28th, 2008, 02:26 PM
I originally installed a Linksys wireless usb adapter (wusb54gsc) onto a Gutsy Gibbon install. Through using ndiswrapper and also editing the config file so enough power was going to the usb adapter, I was able to get it to work. I just upgraded to Hardy and now I'm having issues. I can configure the network properties for wireless to point to the correct ssid and security properties (wpa2) and when I hit apply, it does its thing and as far as i can tell from that point, everything is working. however, i can't get online or anything. the light blinks on the adapter and what not, but i'm just not getting anything from it. i'm relatively new to ubuntu (and linux in general, with ubuntu being my first and only experience so far), so i'm not sure what kind of diagnostic tools are available. any help at all would be greatly appreciated. i'm considering just purchasing a wireless pci card, so if anybody has any suggestions for a cheap wireless pci card that works with hardy, i'm open to that as well (though, i'd prefer to fix my current problem). Thanks in advance.

astro space zombie
April 29th, 2008, 05:11 AM
I'm having this same issue, my WUSB54GSC does not work with Hardy, even the fix for Gutsy worked better.