PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Can't print to a windows network printer

chicoharv
April 27th, 2008, 08:37 PM
I had ubuntu Gutsy working fine but it took a long time and had to use on line help to get it working. When I updated Hardy the installation ask me about Samba and I answered it wrong and the whole upgrade quit responding. When I rebooted the PC would not complete so I reformatted my HD and reinstalled Gutsy, then it said a upgrade to Hardy was available so I redownloaded the update to Hardy. I have my windows network computers and everything working fine except I cant print from the Hardy PC When I check out printers it continues to shows my EpsonCX5400 as a local printer. I can't get it to install a network printer using SMB and Samba. The old instructions I used on Gutsy do not work with Hardy. In fact I do not have to go to a windows PC and input my Hardy user name and password like I had to do with Gutsy to access my shared folders on my Ubuntu PC.My 3 windows PC and laptops work fine, two are XP and one is Vista. I really like the Hardy but I need to get the printer working to use it. Can anybody help me get my windows printer working?