PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] how to setup shared folders

HakerDemon
April 27th, 2008, 06:14 PM
I have hardy heron and i want to set up a shared folder with my apple laptop which is running leopard. Can any one help me with this one?? it needs to be able to read/write too.

Monicker
April 27th, 2008, 06:19 PM
I have hardy heron and i want to set up a shared folder with my apple laptop which is running leopard. Can any one help me with this one?? it needs to be able to read/write too.

Right click on the folder that you want to share. Select Sharing Options towards the bottom. You should get prompted to install the sharing service. Once that completes, log out and log back in, then adjust the permissions. If you try to save changes before logging out you will get an error message, which is a known bug.

HakerDemon
April 28th, 2008, 01:31 AM
ok thanx i will try this

kidcharles
May 2nd, 2008, 06:56 PM
Once that completes, log out and log back in, then adjust the permissions.

How do you adjust permissions?

ezekielnin
May 8th, 2008, 04:44 PM
Right click on the folder that you want to share. Select Sharing Options towards the bottom. You should get prompted to install the sharing service. Once that completes, log out and log back in, then adjust the permissions. If you try to save changes before logging out you will get an error message, which is a known bug.

Hi, I try to do that but in order to install the windows sharing services my HH is asking for a password that is not the usual admin password I use to install normalapplications.

Anyone knows what that password is??

BlueCircuit
June 6th, 2011, 07:18 AM
You can change the password, go to the menu System/ Preferences / Personal File Sharing.
There you can change the password or even setup to not use password. Hope this helps.