PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Very Strange Wireless 8.04

mwf
April 26th, 2008, 08:35 PM
I installed 8.04 with Wubi and it runs very well albeit a 15 minute boot up time. However, something very weird is happening to the wireless connection.

Ubuntu sees the wireless adapter fine and lists all the available networks. But it sees all these networks as being password protected. This is untrue, they are all unsecured (here in the college labs).

Windows sees them as unsecured and connects without a problem (I'm using one now). How do I get 8.04 to not see these networks as protected? I saw choices for various password schemes but nothing that says "None."

Thanks.

HeinS5
August 8th, 2012, 11:09 AM
I installed 8.04 with Wubi and it runs very well albeit a 15 minute boot up time. However, something very weird is happening to the wireless connection.

Ubuntu sees the wireless adapter fine and lists all the available networks. But it sees all these networks as being password protected. This is untrue, they are all unsecured (here in the college labs).

Windows sees them as unsecured and connects without a problem (I'm using one now). How do I get 8.04 to not see these networks as protected? I saw choices for various password schemes but nothing that says "None."

Thanks.

You have posted this item four years ago. Is it solved?