PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Wi-Fi no longer works

zap2
April 26th, 2008, 03:40 AM
So I installed Ubuntu 7.10 on my Mac Mini, and it was great. I played with it a little, but I had some work to do,so I still used OS X mostly.

Now, I've finished the project I was working I, I went back to mainly using Ubuntu, about this was with 2 days until 8.04 dropped.

When it did drop, I upgraded. Everything runs great, minus my Wi-Fi. Before this, Wi-Fi works out of the box.

I'm a bit of Linux newb, so I'm not really sure what to do. I tired a few things, but nothing works. I had myself hooked up to my iBook, and I share that connection through ethernet, but thats not an ideal set up..

Any ideas?

cyberdork33
April 26th, 2008, 03:44 AM
I assume you have an atheros card?

Try this:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/MacBookPro#head-688700b3e0e48847a28daba8bc557d4439a30927

zap2
April 26th, 2008, 03:47 AM
Yup I have it and, I'll try the link now

zap2
April 26th, 2008, 04:15 AM
With the Subversion one, it asks me {Y/n}, and no matter what I press, it Aborts.

The other daily snapsnot one doesn't seem to do anything, that I can tell.

For the last step, is that still just a copy paste, or do I need to do something else?(Its says edit /etc/default/acpi-suppor, does that just mean I'll be editing when I run that command?)

zap2
April 27th, 2008, 03:39 AM
so I got my Mac to see the card under Ubuntu(using a guide I found_, however I can't access online. It sees my network, and lets me join it, but it won't load any sites.

Any idea?