PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] [SOLVED] How to get into the safest graphics mode?

pHreaksYcle
April 24th, 2008, 10:16 PM
I have an old SiS graphics card in my rig right now. It's a really nice PC, quad CPU with 4GB RAM, fast HD, you get the idea, everything but the GPU is awesome, but I would still like to be able to use it.

I need to know how to boot the thing up! I installed just fine under safe graphics option, but now after I log in, the monitor goes blank and says it doesn't support such and such resolution and that I need to change it. I can't change it if I can't see anything! :P

Any ideas would be appreciated!

pHreaksYcle
April 25th, 2008, 03:46 AM
Is there any other information I can offer for people to help me? My basic question is how to set the resolution to a really cruddy resolution before logging in, I guess through the CLI. Someone please help me, as I have a wild boar sitting on my desk and it's basically a large brick right now, making me crazy.

seshomaru samma
April 25th, 2008, 06:48 AM
I think you need to provide the graphic card's exact model like "SIS M760GX" or something.
Once you find that out put it in the forums search box and see if someone had the same problem as you. If not you can post it here

pHreaksYcle
April 29th, 2008, 02:41 AM
To update, I ordered an 8400GS as a temporary card. Works much better! :P