PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] 8.04 Hangs when downloading packages

Ikith
April 24th, 2008, 08:45 PM
I don't know if this is me but I'm browsing around on this right now I can download files using firefox but whenever I go into a package manager and try to download and install a package the download just hangs at 0% I've had this one waiting for an hour and still 0% I've tried restarting this computer the router the comcast modem and still nothing. It does it wired or wireless. Please help.

macogw
April 24th, 2008, 08:47 PM
Too many people are trying at once. The servers can't handle it. Try again tomorrow or the day after.

Ikith
April 24th, 2008, 08:49 PM
Too many people are trying at once. The servers can't handle it. Try again tomorrow or the day after.

Ick... Ok thank you.

Tavorisch
April 24th, 2008, 08:49 PM
yah haha, same thing is going on with me.. i figured servers were to busy,.. i just made a post too sadly =(

Cresho
April 24th, 2008, 08:51 PM
yep! same thing. I do the updates, leave the sucker alone and have a coffee. When I come back, It all works fine and is updating.

oboedad55
April 24th, 2008, 08:58 PM
I don't know if this is me but I'm browsing around on this right now I can download files using firefox but whenever I go into a package manager and try to download and install a package the download just hangs at 0% I've had this one waiting for an hour and still 0% I've tried restarting this computer the router the comcast modem and still nothing. It does it wired or wireless. Please help.

I'm having the same problem. I figure the servers are slammed right now so I'll try later. I really don't think it's a hardware problem on your end.

Peace,

Cypher
April 24th, 2008, 09:07 PM
It's a lot easier to just download the ISO through a torrent and update using the CD.

sam_delta
April 24th, 2008, 09:10 PM
happened to me, to resolve it, just go into synaptic>settings> repositories,

and where it says download from: <server>, click "other" and then click on choose best server

woorked for me